Sweetie Update

Guest alf7199

Guest alf7199

This is Sweetie's foster mom and I thought I would let you know her status...

I just got a call from BauersMom and here is the news...

Sweetie had her dental today and ended up having 17 teeth extracted. :( Upon looking at the x-rays the vet stated that it is clear that at some point her toes were dislocated and never reset. :blink: He amputated the outside toe that was causing her pain but left the other one since it has fused together and is not causing her any pain. She is just now starting to come out from the anesthesia. I don't know if she will be coming home tonight or tomorrow at this point. When she gets home and her recovery begins I will keep you all posted.

Sending my many prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Aww, sending white light and healing thoughts to Sweetie.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Poor baby, sending prayers that she is pain free soon and living the good life on the couch.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Poor Baby, that is a lot to go through. Sending lots of hugs and prayers for a quick recovery. :grouphug:grouphug:hope:hope:hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Man, when the vet called and said that she was losing "at least 12" teeth, I totally wasn't expecting it. The poor girl. :(

Vet also said that the outermost toe was clearly dislocated 90 degrees by the x-rays. And basically fused in that position for whoknowshowlong. The other toe doesn't appear to cause her any pain, so it was left as is.

She's staying overnight because she was under for quite a bit today. She's going to feel SO much better in a few weeks!

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

Guest MnMDogs

I was thinking about this girl after my foster dislocated his toe this weekend, and wondering if that poor girlie had had her toes dislocated. I hope she makes a fast recovery!

poor girl she surely will be one happy girl once she recovers....then its on to the next great step her forever home

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Guest alf7199

Sweetie is home!! :blush She is still quite dazed :unsure but she is on her way. She has a very pretty purple wrapped up foot and tries to use it. She ate this morning and is having no tummy troubles with the meds (as of now). She is snoozing away right now. :sleepy The vet said in a few days she will feeling much better. She has a recheck next week for her toe and the following week for her teeth. Just wanted to keep you all posted. Thank you for all your kind words and thoughts!!

:wubsite

Guest Spencers_Greyt
Sweetie is home!! :blush She is still quite dazed :unsure but she is on her way. She has a very pretty purple wrapped up foot and tries to use it. She ate this morning and is having no tummy troubles with the meds (as of now). She is snoozing away right now. :sleepy The vet said in a few days she will feeling much better. She has a recheck next week for her toe and the following week for her teeth. Just wanted to keep you all posted. Thank you for all your kind words and thoughts!!

:wubsite

Awww! I'm so glad she's home and resting comfortably! Give her a hug for me!