Buddy Has Lymphosarcoma

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is one of the true gifts we can give to our beloved friends. Im sorry and hugs for you and run pain free Buddy

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

I am so sorry to hear about Buddy. My thoughts are with you :f_red:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Oh, no! Melissa, I'm just seeing this, and I'm sitting at work, crying. I know how much you love him and how greatly he'll be missed. He is the first Grey you've lost, isn't he?

Hugs to you and Eric---and Rascal and Ruby too.

Yes, Nancy, he is the first dog of ours to leave us. I think RobinM said it best, in her tribute to Polli: I couldn't have loved him more, only longer.

Oh God, Melissa. I had a feeling all along this is what it was and I kept praying it wasn't. How I wish you didn't have to go through this.

The best thing we do for them is the hardest thing we do for ourselves. And no matter how many times it happens, it never gets easier.

Know you did the right thing for you good boy. ((HUGS))

Paula, I had a feeling there was something else wrong, too, aside from the LS. I even told the neurologist that, so he did chest xrays, prostate exam, etc....

We know we did the absolute right thing, but it sure doesn't fill the hole in our hearts. I miss him so much.

Last night three of our "greyhound friends" came to see us (the humans). These are people we have become good friends with because of our dogs. One was Buddy's "other mother", and she lost BOTH of her greys about a year and a half ago, suddenly [enlarged heart for one, bleed out from Lyme for the other]; the other couple lost their girl a few years ago suddenly [came home and found her dead]....so they knew what we were feeling, like you all do.

I am going to try and get a fitting tribute together sometime today. He was such a wonderful boy.

Edited by rascalsmom

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Guest greytmonty

Melissa, I am so sorry, I am just now seeing this thread. I am crying at my computer. Having faced that diagnosis as an on off on off one for Monty I know how devastating it is, and I know how you adored Buddy. I am so sorry.