We Did It Again!

Guest KennelMom

Guest KennelMom

When we adopted Primo back in December, we actually fell in love with two dogs - Primo and Wildcat Bob. Of all the dogs in the kennel, Bob actually "picked" Ken....it was dog/human love at first site with those two. There was no question he would come home to us. Well, Bob wasn't done racing yet, so he moved from Fishdog Kennel over to Toomanyhounds Kennel so he could keep running. I've been watching his races as he bounced around D and E...visited him once in January and have basically just been waiting for his trainer to retire him.

So...today we went to Birmingham to bring him home! :confetti

3336414971_76366709b8.jpg

While we were there and chatting with everyone, I asked the kennel helpers about another former Fishdog that I knew had been moved to inactive. A girl who I've visited with several times when I'd come to the track....a girl who's picture many of you might remember when Heather (Greysandmoregreys) posted it here. She has the most insane and adorable overbite and her upper lip doesn't really quite cover her front teeth. Here's the first picture I ever saw of her:

Rights to Riches

3337247318_3718904bd7.jpg

They asked if I wanted to see her, so I said sure! I love visiting with houndies! Now, I've had kennel crushes on a lot of dogs over the years and happily watched them move from track to adoption group to a home...but not this time. Not her. I knew she was supposed to be mine :wub: They made a call to check with the kennel owner to make sure it was OK, and we decided to bring her home!

Loaded up and headed home:

3336397763_a3e445193f.jpg

Checking out the Starbucks parking lot (and we had an impromptu meet-n-gree with some folks passing by!)...Here's Wildcat Bob, now called Bodhi Dogma (pronounced "Bo-dee", as in Bodhisattva).

3336398041_714bed66f2.jpg

Rights to Riches, now called Tater (any Ron "Tater Salad" White fans out there? :lol )

3337230588_587f980aba.jpg

...and for those of you keeping track, this brings us back up to 14 wonderful houndies!!! Quite enough for quite a while, but I do love having a house full of hounds! :beatheart Now, I'm exhausted and ready for bed!! I know I owe lots of pics of Primo, Lucky Louie and the rest of the pack but they are gonna have to wait till tomorrow! These pics were from my phone so sorry for the quality!

Special thank yous to my good friend, Heather, who made all of this possible and kept us company throughout our trip! :D

Edited by KennelMom

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest houndlover

Woohoo!!! Congratulations on one planned and one unexpected adoption! :lol: They are both gorgeous. I can't wait to see more pictures.

Edited by houndlover

Congratulations!!!!! :confetti :confetti They are both Gorgeous!!!! :wub: :wub:

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Congratulations Heather and Ken. Did you see Jessie Jay? I'm going to pick him up soon.

And congratulations to the new additions...do they know they hit the "forever home jackpot"? :)

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Guest KennelMom
Congratulations Heather and Ken. Did you see Jessie Jay? I'm going to pick him up soon.

And congratulations to the new additions...do they know they hit the "forever home jackpot"? :)

Thanks everyone! I think I did see him in the overflow kennel where their inactives were. I was so wrapped up in visiting with Tater and wrestling with whether or not it was rational or insane to bring a second dog home I didn't spend too much time visiting with the other pups...but I did see a white and red in the overflow...there were only a couple parti-colors, so I'm sure one of them was your boy.

Both the main kennel and the overflow kennel are spotless...and Melony (kennel owner) and her kennel helpers are really awesome. They could tell me about any personality I asked about, including the "pets"...you can tell they really care about the dogs. Your boy is in good hands until you pick him up! If I'd have known, I'd have snagged a pic for you...sorry!

Right now both are down in the kennel...Tater will go for her spay first thing next week and she'll stay down in the kennel until then. I imagine we'll bring her and Bodhi up at the same time...but they've met the pack in the kennel and everyone was fine. We spend a LOT of time down at the kennel (it's also my gym building and the doggy playroom), so they'll start getting to spend time with the pack in smaller groups over the next few days...then we'll acclimate them to the house. Bringing Bodhi in wouldn't be a problem b/c males tend to be so easy and he's really laid back...but apparently Tater got a little to big for her britches at the track and they said she can be a...well, let's just say "handful". So, we're going to take it a bit slow bringing these two in. But so far they are loving the yard and loving the kennel...pretty much sensory overload at this point :lol :lol I just gave them their baths, so they're kinda irked with me right now :P

Edited by KennelMom

Oh my gosh Heather! I have had Taters (rights to riches) picture as my screen saver at work for about a year now! Everyone who comes by my office laughs... She is adorable. I always thought she was already adopted, what a nice surprise to see that she is going to a great home and now I may even get some new cute pictures of her to use at work :) Congrats on both your new ones.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

rightstorichesal3.jpg

Tater, just such a perfect name for such a silly looking girl :wub

and Bodhi, well it was love right from the get go between him and Ken :beatheart

Congrats to you and Ken!

3336398041_714bed66f2.jpg

3337230588_587f980aba.jpg

Look at the muscles on that boy!! That is a stunning example of a well-toned greyhound. I'll bet none of the AKC GHs who competed at the Garden looked that good.

And she's such a cutie. Does she have a notch on her tongue from her overbite?

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

OMG! So do I have this straight? You took Rights to Riches home? CONGRATS!

I really feel like I've got a racing photo of her... Super busy atm so I can't go look yet, but don't let me forget to check!!

| Rachel | Dewty, Trigger, and Charlotte | Missing Dazzle, Echo, and Julio |

dewttrigsnowsig.jpg
Learn what your greyhound's life was like before becoming part of yours!
"The only thing better than the cutest kitty in the world is any dog." -Daniel Tosh

Guest KennelMom

You know, it's going to be pretty hard to have a bad day living with that face. I mean, how can you ever get upset at that adorable mug! :lol Everything just kinda melts into a chuckle :P

OMG! So do I have this straight? You took Rights to Riches home? CONGRATS!

I really feel like I've got a racing photo of her... Super busy atm so I can't go look yet, but don't let me forget to check!!

Yes! I've been meaning to pm you all morning...just lemme know how much for a digital copy and I can paypal you if you take paypal...we'll figure it out :D Whenever you get a chance :)

Look at the muscles on that boy!! That is a stunning example of a well-toned greyhound. I'll bet none of the AKC GHs who competed at the Garden looked that good.

And she's such a cutie. Does she have a notch on her tongue from her overbite?

Thanks! I'm hoping to capitalize on his "tone-ness" and start him lure coursing next week. Not sure if Tater will be able to course as she may have an ankle issue...she has a notch on her tongue but I'm not sure if it's from her overbite. Harmony had a similar notch and no overbite...who knows....