30 So Far This Month

MP_the4pack

I was relaying to a friend of mine that we've lost so many of our furkids and did a count. At this point in time, I counted 30 of our furkids have gone to the bridge in the month of Feb alone. THIRTY!

And the month is just a little over halfway through :(

I come here everyday to check even though I seem to have trouble responding. But I want to let everyone who has a furbaby on this list that I'm there and crying along with the rest of the community at your loss.

:f_red

Guest GreytMuse

I also mourn with everyone who is experiencing a loss right now and wish I could reach through the monitor and give them hugs. :sad1 It's either been you in the past or will be you in the future (hopefully far future)...so it's really, really hard not to tear up with each posting. My heart aches with the losses.

Guest greyscot

For me it is like a kick in the guts every time I see another one pass on this forum even though I don't know them personally. Then I look at my Sporty and see him getting a little bit whiter round the face (he's 8) and I wonder how long I'll have him. I think you just have to treasure every moment with the animals and with those you love because it can all end so quickly :sad1

Guest budsmom

My heart breaks with every name added to that list. It's been so many the last few months, I don't know how much more any of us can take. I don't know any of you personally, but I greive with you all. I wish that I could take the hurt away for all of you :grouphug:grouphug

Yes, so many gone already this year :( .

I always feel compelled to read every tribute even though it can be very upsetting and I find it so hard to know what to say that can be in any way adequate. But I always remember someone on here once saying that it doesn't matter what you say as long as you say something and I hope that's true.

I agree that we should all cherish every moment because we really don't know what's just around the corner :sad1 .

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Isn't that something & there's only 28 days in February.

I come here every day, sometimes more than once...basically everytime I come on GT. It means a lot to me when someone responds to my post, even if its just an icon/smiley.

Guest PhillyPups

I check view new posts, and yes, I have seen and had to write too many in Remembrance :weep:

Yesterday was my beloved Stepper's gotcha day, and I still hurt too much to post on it.

And yes, the words of sympathy, does not matter the content, are so very comforting, knowing we do not grieve alone. Thank you everyone. :bighug

I check view new posts, and yes, I have seen and had to write too many in Remembrance :weep:

Yesterday was my beloved Stepper's gotcha day, and I still hurt too much to post on it.

And yes, the words of sympathy, does not matter the content, are so very comforting, knowing we do not grieve alone. Thank you everyone. :bighug

Pat I don't know how you handle it. You've lost so many it seems.

:bighug

Pat lost 2 within months of each other, Jackie, (Houstongreys) lost 2 within months of each other and Hilda has many losses as well. And I know there have been others here who have had losses so close together. Renie and Jack's mom too.

Each loss on this forum takes a piece of our hearts, sometimes a very big piece. I often wonder to myself, when all the pieces are gone, what then? Hopefully the heart will keep growing.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

You have all said how I feel as well. I cannot believe how many are gone so far this year. My heart goes out to each and everyone of you who have suffered the losses. It's unbelievable. Hoping you find peace.

Guest PhillyPups

Pat lost 2 within months of each other, Jackie, (Houstongreys) lost 2 within months of each other and Hilda has many losses as well. And I know there have been others here who have had losses so close together. Renie and Jack's mom too.

Each loss on this forum takes a piece of our hearts, sometimes a very big piece. I often wonder to myself, when all the pieces are gone, what then? Hopefully the heart will keep growing.

But each hound that touches our lives, leaves a pawprint and a piece of their heart in ours in the piece of our hearts that it takes. Eventually my heart will be filled with pawprints, (that would make an interesting autopsy wouldn't it). I know I have learned a valuable life lesson from every hound that has touched my heart, and those lessons help me in this incredible journey called life.

Guest nerak254

I look in this area often too. What I try to remember when I see that so many have gone to the bridge is that they are being given a chance to have a life they never would have had even 20 years ago. I'm sitting here with 2 11 year olds

who are doing well, knock on wood. But, I know that could change tomorrow and I am enjoying the time we have.

It doesn't make it any easier to lose a dog you feel like you've come to know.

Edited by nerak254