Tucker Needs Some Good Thoughts

Guest crazy4greys

Oh, Joanne, I'm sorry you and Tucker are going through this. No advice, just :grouphug

Let us know how he's doing.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest houndlover

Billy had some problems in the fall and they couldn't find out through bloodwork, urinalysis and stool sample what was wrong with him so they told me the next step would be an abdominal ultrasound or x-ray. I opted for the ultrasound b/c I thought it would show more although it was more expensive than the x-ray. Billy did not have to be sedated or anything with the ultrasound and it was not invasive at all. Did the vet say why they recommended a scope and what they were specifically looking for?

Sending good thoughts to Tucker. I hope he is feeling better soon.

Has he had an abdominal x-ray/ultrasound?

No, do you think he should?

I would do those before scoping. As others noted, quick, easy, inexpensive (here at least), sedation not required unless he's really freaky at the vet's.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

A couple of my friends have had dogs that were skinny and generally unthrifty. Turns out they had H. pylori. They found it by scoping the stomachs; they see colonies in there. Their blood work and ultrasounds didn't show much.

If your vet wants to scope to look for it or something else like that, it's probably the right thing to do. Luckily, the H. pylori is easily treated.

Marcia

Guest crazy4greys

Tucker started Tylan powder on Saturday.

An ultrasound will be scheduled next week to rule out Lymphoma. :cry1

Edited by crazy4greys

Oh no!

You'll be in my thoughts. :(

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

And that's what going to happen - they're going to rule it out.

*hugs*

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

Guest crazy4greys
How's Tucker doing?

He doesn't know anything is wrong with his tummy, he is running around like a mad man!

His poop was more formed today, but not anywhere near it should be. I haven't heard when the ultrasound will be yet.

I took Tucker to the vet today as he has been losing weight again. Last time this happened was in October. I changed his food and he did great until about a month ago.

The vet weighed him and he only weighs 64#s. :( He should be 75#'s

They drew blood and are running a CBC, Major Chem. Profile and a T4 to check his thyroid. If they don't find anything, then they want to scope him. :(

We send hugs and kisses to you and Tucker. Good thoughts and prayers all the way around.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg