Ted

Guest tedsmom

Guest mleg2001

Molly, I am so sorry for your loss, and Ted will be missed by many here who have followed his story. Bless you for giving him a few months of joy, he deserved it. I hope in time, you will be ready to adopt another grey, there are so many needing a loving home like yours.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a long, strange road Ted travelled in his short life. Thank you for giving him love and acceptance at the end, because he surely deserved it. Goodbye and Godspeed to you, Ted!

Rugrat's Rebel (Simon) 09/03/1995-03/22/2010, Silly Savannah 05/14/1995-02/13/2009, Isabella de Moreau the Sloughi 05/15/1993-10/14/2008, Hammy the IG 06/11/04 and ChiChi the Chihuahua 2003

Guest TheMackeyPack

Oh Molly!!! I am so incredilby sorry. Ted hit all of our hearts here.

Please know that you gave him the best possible place and he was happy during his last days.

Oh Molly, I too am soooo sorry to hear of Ted's sudden passing. It has to be very difficult for you right now. I hope he wasn't in any pain when he passed and that he is finally at peace. Like it was said earlier, Ted had a lot of struggles in his life, at least he was loved in a forever home when he passed on. I'm sure Ted loves you very much for all you did for him. :heart

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

To know Ted was to love him. Those of us who were with Ted at Meet & Greets, and those who fostered him even briefly are all very saddened, and grieving. I think others can testify that when you give your heart to an animal - esp. one like Ted - you feel not only the attachment of them being your pet, but also the empathy and sympathy for their past. Ted has been with Molly for a while now, and was officially adopted after a period of fostering.

Grief is not an expression of the quantity of time we've known someone, but of the quality of that time. We all have different ways of dealing with life and death, and we can't impose our own perameters of what is an acceptable response to death.

Death comes when we least expect it, and rarely is it welcome or invited. And love also comes when we least expect it, and it can't be measured, contained, or qualified. Especially with an animal, because their love for us is so unconditional. To accept it when it comes, and grieve for it when it is gone is an appropriate and natural response.

Ted deserves to be grieved for, just as he deserved to be loved and happy. He is, and he will be missed.

(This was originally in response to a deleted post - thank you. I decided to edit it and leave it though, because it's still true.)

Edited by joesgreypoupon

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

I am so sorry to hear of Ted's passing. We all share in your grief as we all shared in the adventure's of Ted. Run free dear boy, run free!

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Guest Carole

I can't imagine your heartache Molly. Ted was so happy with you and the life you shared with him. Teddy left footprint on so many lives he touched. I know I am forever changed having loved him too.

Guest Hattiemae

I'm so sorry about Ted. He knew love and happiness with you, and he obviously left his mark on your heart. I'm very sorry you couldn't enjoy more time with him.

Molly, I'm so deeply sorry that you lost Ted. He was loved, and I know that he's happy now and remembers your love, not any of the bad parts of his life. Godspeed Ted, and you'll see him again some day.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

So sorry about Ted.

These things happen with dogs, just as they do with people. We've all been there.

My Millie's been gone 8 months and there are days that I'm still sobbing.

I don't know if you watch The Pet Psychic (it's my guilty pleasure), but whether you believe in that sort of thing or not, Sonya says that our pets that have passed over are lucky in that there was someone to love them, and so very many animals have never felt that kind of love. Ted was very, very lucky to have you. It was just his time.

God bless.

:f_red

Guest javalover1123

Molly, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I am a fellow horse owner, here is MHO... Go for a long meditative trail ride. While you are out there, look up into the sky and tell Ted, "thank you for allowing me to love you for the last months of your life, I will always love you and keep you in my heart." After 11 years, I still think of my Chi and tell him I love him. It makes me feel better. As far as you not being meant to have a GH, that is absolutely not true! Give yourself some time to heal. It will become a little easier day by day. FORGIVE YOURSELF! Then, when you are ready, accept another GH into your life. He/she will be forever thankful, as Ted is. :grouphug

:f_red

Guest cindysmom

Molly, please accept my deepest sympathies on your loss of Ted. I can only imagine how shocked you must have been on finding him. I would imagine also that it was very quick with little, if any, pain for him. He probably didn't even have time to wake up and think about being alone, so I think you can rest easy on that account.

I really like the idea of going for a ride and being with God and His nature and feeling Ted all around you, for I believe he is. Try to smile thinking of all the carefree play he is involved in right now with all those who have gone on before. Take care and hugs.

Guest rescuedgreys

I am so sorry to hear about Ted. :(

Of course you were meant to have a greyhound, you are a caring person!

He died in his home where he felt comfortable. He knew he was loved!

It takes time to heal, but some day you will welcome another greyhound into your home.