Ted

Guest tedsmom

Guest tedsmom

hi all-i am new to this board--someone in my adoption group pointed it out to me...my ted passed away today of what we suspect as a blood clot/stroke. he was having some back pains last night but got better and was fine this morning and while at work i got an uneasy feeling and came home early after talking to the vet wwho recommended rimadyl instead of the prednisone for his back. i stopped by my roommates vet office to pick some up and came home, but he was already gone. the vets seems to think the back issues he was having last night were the result of tweaking his back as he latched onto the leg of a horse---he has always been a different hound. he was not kicked or even touched by the horse, so that was not the issue. there was no sign that anything was wrong besides his back being sore, but the vet said blood clots/strokes can sneak up quickly and silently. we buried him tonight next to stetson the great dane and dusty the horse, who we lost 4 weeks ago to the day. my roommates son made a grave marker and as the first shovel of dirt was thrown in a sobbed hysterically, as i have been doing all afternoon and evening. we buried him with his blanket and stuffie. my britty dog is depressed and wont leave her kennel. people have told me he dies happy and was finally in a loving home but i just wish i would have done more and worry about him having died alone. did he hurt? did he cry? i am devastated and as this the second greyhound i have lost since february, i do not think i am meant to have a greyhound.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Champsmom

I am sorry to here of your loss and of course you were ment to own a greyhound other wise you would not have owned two of them Prayers and thoughts be with you in your time of sorrow :grouphug:f_pink

I am so sorry. I know that there isn't much that will bring you comfort right now, but after awhile, try to take some comfort in knowing that you made him happy, and that he was loved. Ted is painfree and running with all of the others who have gone before him.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest jananice

I'm so sorry for the loss of Ted. He went through a lot in his life, but you were the one he needed at the end.

Please don't feel like you're not supposed to have a greyhound. You are one of the special people greys choose to finish their lives with.

Hugs to you and your family.

Of course you were meant to have a greyhound. You were meant to have Ted, who needed someone to love him for his oddball self and show him how wonderful life could be. And you did. Ted not only had your love; he had fur- and skin-friends, and he got to see and do marvellous fun things with you.

I'm sorry that he couldn't stay longer, and sorry for your pain. Hugs to you and your family.

Godspeed, Ted.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Dear Tedsmom,

I am so sorry for your loss :( It makes me so sad just to read your post. Please don't fill your mind with thoughts of Ted being in pain as I'm sure Ted is happy and pain free right now. He will always be around you. And I know he wants you to be happy. Fill your head with thoughts of him running, jumping and eating at the rainbow bridge because that is what he is doing. Ted knows how much he was loved by you.

:f_red:f_pinkf_yellow:f_pink:f_red

pharaoh.jpg

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'> LE 62663

</span></span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'> RE 126E

</span></span>

Guest BrockGusDad

Molly,

I am so very sorry.......

Many of us have been where you are right now. It is a terrible, terrible place to be.

Please allow us to share in your grief, for grief shared is indeed grief diminished.

Godspeed Ted.....

Ed

Molly, I know that you know this, but I wanted to say it publicly...Ted loved you and was so happy with you. Your dedication to him, and love for him made his life so full.

We will all miss Ted...both those of us who were lucky enough to know him in person, and those who knew him virtually.

My heart breaks for you and for Ted. He was wonderful, and is loved forever.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Oh I am just so sorry. Godspeed sweet Ted. :(:(:(:f_red:f_whitef_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Condolences to you on the loss of your beloved friend. Your pain will ease a bit in time.

Run free sweet Ted... Godspeed

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

What a terrible shock for you :cry1 I'm very sorry to hear of your loss :(

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm so very sad for you. :( Ted touched many lives here on GT, and was so fortunate to have you as his "mom." You gave him a loving home, and cherished him as he deserved. May your heart heal with time and be comforted by your memories of his preciousness.

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Molly, I know that you know this, but I wanted to say it publicly...Ted loved you and was so happy with you. Your dedication to him, and love for him made his life so full.

We will all miss Ted...both those of us who were lucky enough to know him in person, and those who knew him virtually.

My heart breaks for you and for Ted. He was wonderful, and is loved forever.

Thanks for these words. I just didn't know how to say them.

Sweet Ted - play with China Blue - she was probably one of the first in line to welcome you.

Molly - don't give up. Sometimes these things just happen. Remember the good times together and how happy he was with you for the short time you had him. Use those good memories to fill the hole in your heart and to help another pupper who needs you just as much as Ted needed you.

Thank you for taking him and loving him.

Edited by greyhoundlov

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

icon2.gif This is just heartbreaking. I''m so sorry for you and for Ted. I wish he'd had more time to enjoy his "forever home" and I wish you'd had more time to enjoy Ted's special personality.

You made his last months happy. That's what counts. :brokenheart

paula_sig.gif

~One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all ~

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

I am very sorry to read about Ted's passing. I lost my boy, Max, to what I believe was a stroke. I was with him. He went so fast, I'm sure he felt no pain. He didn't cry. It was like he was having a dream, then he was gone. Hopefully Ted went pain free, too, and with the knowledge that you loved him and opened your home and heart to him. Take care.

I am so sorry for your loss Molly. It's so hard when they leave us but extra difficult when we don't have the chance to prepare or say goodbye. Please don't give up on greyhounds if you love the breed. I lost 2 in 2001 as well as my sheltie and my cat. Sometimes things just happen, expected or otherwise, and we learn to manage the grief (somehow). There are never any quarantees of a long life regardless of the species or breed and we do the best we can for them for as long as they are with us. You and your family offered Ted a loving and safe home for which I am sure he was greatful. If Ted was suffering in any way he is no longer and one day you will all meet again. Remember the love he shared with you and the memories. He will live on in your heart forever. My sympathies to you and your family. :grouphug:angelwings

tn_greyhound002.gif

Willow & Trace

Butch (11/94 - 7/16/08) Hayley (11/96 - 1/13/09) Merlin (11/12/95 - 5/29/09)

GPA - Central New Hampshire

Guest Enter your name

Many many hugs to you. I know your heart is breaking. It wouldn't be if it wasn't filled with love for Ted. There are many greys that need you, and some day you will know it's time.

We're here for you. Please stay with us.

Guest mom2echo

Molly, I'm so glad I was able to know Ted and see how happy he was with you, and I was shocked and saddened to learn of his death yesterday. I will always have a place in my heart for this special boy. He was blessed with the gift of your love, if only for a brief time, and I'm certain he felt that when he left for The Bridge. You have my deepest sympathy.

Yvonne, Echo and Jess