Nadia's Amputation Was Monday

Sorry for the delay in posting on her condition. I just came back from spending an hour with her.

Nadia is doing very well! Dr. Carroll said the surgery went very well and there was little bleeding. The little stinker managed to pull her catheter out and mess with the incision a bit, so she had an elizabethan collar on when I got there (I brought a muzzle with stool guard to make her more comfortable for our visit).

When I left she was snoring comfortably in the exam room where they have her set up (it's her own quiet suite). She should be coming home tomorrow - hooray!

The evil leg is off to get biopsied, to see if we can participate in the free chemo from the OSU.

ETA: I want to thank folks who posted pictures so I wasn't freaked out by how my girl looked. I took some on my cell phone that I'll get downloaded later...

Edited by lingrado

Lin, with Nick the Greyhound
Missing my girls Nadia, Tallulah, Cinderella, and my heart-dog Alexa, and my precious boys Twister, Loki, and Kevin

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank God!! I'm so glad everything went okay. Now...on to the healing.

Please tell that little girl a lot of people are in her corner

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Very happy to hear she is doing well.

One day at a time!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear she got through her surgery. Sending prayers for an uneventful recovery.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

So glad to hear that everything went well and that you got to visit with her. Hope it is an uneventful recovery and that she will be up and running within the next 3 weeks. Keep reminding yourself that she will have good and bad days but it's like a switch flips and then it's as if she's been a tripod all her life. Get rest while you can. Hugs and scritches.

Get rest while you can.

that's probably the best advice EVER! i didn't sleep well at all last night , will try to get settled tonight :sleepy so i'm fully rested for my girl's return home

Missing my girls Nadia, Tallulah, Cinderella, and my heart-dog Alexa, and my precious boys Twister, Loki, and Kevin

I'm so sorry to hear you lost her ... :f_pink

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Hi all, we lost Nadia today- I guess she wanted to spare me from dealing with her recovery and rehab.