So What Kind Of Dip Goes With A Brindle Chip?

greytluck

Here is a link to my other thread Linky but I thought I would do a proper introduction.

We officially adopted TNJ Boy Howdy today. He is a sweet boy who stole my heart as well as my DHs.

He is set to come home in early spring but I have a feeling it may be sooner then that.

He is the brindle on the left.

Hobbeswinter2008336.jpg

Hobbeswinter2008325.jpg

The poor boy doesn't yet have a official pet name. His kennel name is Howdy which I'm not a fan of but my DH likes. I want to call him Calvin (My other Dog is Hobbes) but my DH doesn't like it. So what do other people think. Feel free to come up with your own if you like neither.

Edited by greytluck

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

No help on the name, just....

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Very handsome boy!! Congrats!!! :confetti:banana:confetti:banana

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I think "Boy Howdy" is a great name, and would stick with Howdy, if that's what he's been called at the kennel.

BUT...if you're set on changing it, I really like the "Locke v. Hobbes" connection more than "Calvin & Hobbes" (which was probably similarly inspired in the first place!). Or maybe another one that sounds like a English butler, like "Jeeves" (?)

Congrats!

Lisa
...sharing the journey with my best friend, Kevin, and our four greyhounds:
Littermates Sweetie* & Spicy (Possible Betsy, Possible Edna),

Moody* (Jr's Moody Man), and Dragon (Kiowa Dragonfire)

*Gone to wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge

Uh oh! I've already started calling him Calvin.. :lol

I guess it's a toughy. I've always called him "Howdy Doody" or "Howie" though he's also been "Doody-doo" too.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest myjazzy

I've never met "Howdy", but I know the kennel he raced in at Wheeling. Unless the dog has another call name, they usually use part of their racing name. For example, Makin Bakin is known as Bakin and Ugo Lonesome Boy is Boy. He looks like a sweetie. I like Howdy, and, if they know their name, I usually keep whatever they were called at the kennel. But whatever you end up calling him, congratulations on your new boy. :wub:

Howdy/Calvin/I have know idea what to call him has a new name.

After much debate we have decided on the name Wally. Completely different then the two other names but we just weren't going to agree. My DH suggested Wally and I think it will really suit him, so were going with it.

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

Oooo, I like Wally. I like the name too. :lol

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest SillyIzzysMom

he is such a cutie!!

My first greyhound was a brindle boy--we called him Dash (his racing name was Kyles Kabar). The one thing I KNEW when I first thought about getting a greyhound was that I wanted a girl and I didn't want one of those weird looking "brindle" dogs. hahaha!!!! We loved him so much. . .he is still missed.

Those Brindle boys (and girls) are "the bomb". Congrats!!!! :confetti

m