Toe Nail Won't Stop Bleeding!

Wonder

I clipped nails on everyone and I guess I got one too short on Sparks. He didn't make a peep so I didn't notice until he walked and got it all over the floor.

I put my normal nail stuff on it but now everytime he goes outside, it starts bleeding again

Anything else I can use?

Can you use liquid bandaide on a toenail?

thanks

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Human styptic powder works and if that doesn't stop it, a nonstick gauze with a vet wrap for a day or two does the trick in our house. We just had a major bleeder a few weeks ago and we had to wrap it for 2 days. I feel horrible when that happens. Good luck!

That's what I used Hilda but once it gets wet outside, the flour comes off and it starts bleeding again

He has a lovely neon green vet wrap around his foot now

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

I have heard that black pepper will stop bleeding, but I have never tried it.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

I just went thru a nail that wouldn't stop bleeding with Shooter. I put a pressure bandage (I bandaged his foot as if he had a cut) and put a boot on him for a few days. It stopped bleeding. I put the boot back on for a few days when he went outside. All is well now. I have a set of over-sized boots I put on over bandages. They are from PetEdge. He looks like he has on a clowns boot it is so big, but it works.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

I heard that a bar of Ivory Soap can be dragged across the bleeding nail. It is very mild, so it won't sting, and the soap will "pack" the end of the nail and stop the bleeding.

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.