Say Hello, Hello Hello To Ringo

dlgwarner

Hello from West Chester, PA! It was anything but a "Black" Friday when Ringo (aka Sgt Pepper) moved in with us on November 28. I grew up with an afghan Hound who was a wonderful marshmallow. I have loved dogs all my life, but somehow managed to marry a guy who was NOT a "dog person." Cats yes, dogs. Well, that explains the eighteen years. About 12 years ago, I met my first greyhound. His personality and temperment reminded me so much of my afghan that I decided then that if I could ever convince my husband to get a dog, it would be a greyhound. Well, this past summer he agreed (I guess I hounded him enough :eek ) and I made sure he really meant it. Knowing what a big step this was for all of us, I wanted to be sure was really agreeing to this. We worked with the greyt folks at GAFNE who were very selective about finding the right grey for us. We have two cats, two kids (7 & 11) and as much as I would have loved a pair, could only adopt one.

All I can say is that Ringo was worth the wait. He is 3 1/2, and so sweet and so laid back. He has won over EVERYONE in our house.

As soon as I figure out how to attach pictures, I'll post them!

Mom to:

Littermates Ringo (Pak Sgt Pepper)at the bridge, Paul (Pak Penny Lane) and John (Pak Let it Be). The three reunited Beatle Brothers.

Hi, from Jacksonville!! :wave

I met your handsome man a few times. He and my boy, Viktor, were "roomies" before finding their forever homes! :)

Ringo is a sweet, handsome boy, and I'm so glad he found his family!! :confetti

I'm glad you found GreyTalk, too!! Can't wait to see pics of Ringo enjoying his retirement!

Hi and Welcome from Michigan!

I also had an Afghan hound before I made the switch to Greyhounds.

They do wiggle their way into your heart!

(If you give your husband a bit of time to adjust, you can soon add hound #2 to your house .... LOL!)

You need to take Ringo and your family to GIG (Greyhounds in Gettysburg) at the end of April. It's a weekend of shopping, seminars, activities for hounds and humans and of course, the history of the place. Fun for the whole family and it's so cool to see hundreds of hounds all over town, no matter where you go.

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Hi and welcome from Gainesville, Florida! :welcome

Looking forward to seeing pics of your Ringo!!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest wmlcml6

RINGO!!!!!!!!! Isn't he handsome? SWOON.

I am really glad you are here on Greytalk. I've read your GAF blog entries, so I knew that you were happy with Ringo, but it sounds like a really wonderful match up. I didn't realize you had been so long with a dog. I'm happy we were able to help you get such a great companion.

As you probably know, Ringo is part of our Beatle Boys (George, Paul, Ringo and John). John is at the farm awaiting a family to find him. George went to Greyhound Friends of North Carolina and after just one weekend there, he had 3 applications to take him home. :-) I believe he went to the lucky family the first of January. Paulie is still racing in our kennel, and he is every bit as sweet as George and Ringo. John is the one I call grouchy John, but only because he growls if another dog invades his space. With humans, he's a doll.

Please post often! :-)

Guest manymanyhounds

Congratulations on your Ringo!

Not only was I fortunate enough to take him to his very first Meet and Greet but I also drove him from JAX to Savannah on his way north. He's a great dog and I'm so glad he's in a loving home.

I hope you have many happy years together!! :colgate

Let me help ya with that!!! WHOOO!! I'm so glad you can share Ringo on GT now! Cathie is going to be ecstatic!!!

1230ringo002.jpg

1230ringo001.jpg

1129ringo001.jpg

OMG, Ringo, you are GORGEOUS! If there's anything I love, it's a big goofy brindle boy. :beatheart :beatheart

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest multigrey

Welcome to GT, Debbie! You realize that you are never going to be able to get away with anything now! Ringo comes with a built in fan club!

It makes me smile to see the wonderful, warm welcome that you have gotten. There are lots and lots of very special folks on this board!

Kisses to Ringo from one of his "grandmas".....

:wub:

Welcome to GreyTalk! :welcome2:yay

Ringo is absolutely GORGEOUS :beatheart:wub::heart:beatheart I am so happy that he found his forever home with you! With a face like that, how could your husband resist? :inlove

I second the request for more pictures as soon as you are able to! :)

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Welcome - and congratulations! Ringo is a very handsome boy!

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest TheDoggfather

I'll give you ONE guess as to who this is:

405ringo4.jpg

405ringo3.jpg

405ringo2.jpg

Ringo spent sometime racing for us and while here, I was able to get these pics of him. He spent the majority of his career racing in Orlando... they took REALLY good care of him while there and I told everyone when he got back to our farm, "He looks like he just came out of our kennel."

Here's a link to Ringo's races... Pak Sgt. Pepper

Congratulations on adopting a truly sweet and special boy :)

Edited by TheDoggfather

Guest greytbuds
As you probably know, Ringo is part of our Beatle Boys (George, Paul, Ringo and John). John is at the farm awaiting a family to find him. George went to Greyhound Friends of North Carolina and after just one weekend there, he had 3 applications to take him home. :-) I believe he went to the lucky family the first of January. Paulie is still racing in our kennel, and he is every bit as sweet as George and Ringo. John is the one I call grouchy John, but only because he growls if another dog invades his space. With humans, he's a doll.

Congratulations on your new, very handsome pup!! I got to meet George at GFNC and his new family was head over hills for him too!! He had a wonderful personality - those Beatle Boys must be something extra special.

Greytbuds