My Girl Cricket.....

Guest jettcricket

Normal. Now stay that way and no more scaring Mom half to death! We love the photos of Cricket - silly - girls just wanna have fun! :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checking in on Crickett, and sending good thoughts.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Guest jettcricket
D*mn. I'm so very sorry, Linda. :cry1 I don't have any advice, but we'll be sending good healing thoughts to Cricket. How is she feeling otherwise?

She has slowed down some. But she is still eating good for me.

Cricket has always been such an vivacious girl...so full of energy. Anytime anyone asked how old she was they couldn't believe it.

It's killing me to see what the cancer is doing to her.

Keeping Cricket in my thoughts.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest Winterwish

The swelling going down is better news this morning Linda and that must feel better to Cricket too.

Cricket I hope you have a sweet day with momma today beautiful girl! :kiss2

Guest jettcricket
The swelling going down is better news this morning Linda and that must feel better to Cricket too.

Cricket I hope you have a sweet day with momma today beautiful girl! :kiss2

Mary....the swelling did go down, but this morning it's back and it's traveling up her leg. I'm scared for my girl.

Oh Linda. I am sorry. What did the doc say?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest jettcricket
Oh Linda. I am sorry. What did the doc say?

...that it's caused by either non-use of the leg or that the cancer has spread to her lymph nodes possibly blocking them and her body is not absorbing the fluid.

I was a bit optimistic yesterday when I got home from work, but when I looked at her leg this morning my heart sank. :(

Can you wrap it?

Although Pearl has a totally different problem, she's had swelling in her rear legs periodically. Her problem is heart disease so her circulation is poor. It took FOREVER for the edema to go down. But I used to wrap horses legs when they got edemidus and it helped. I tried it with Pearl and got the edema way down.

Check with your vet if they think it's okay. I can't see a problem with wrapping.

good luck

MP

Guest Winterwish

Linda does Cricket seem to be uncomfortable? Maybe some medication to keep on hand would be good in case she needs them,even for just now and then.

Guest jettcricket
Linda does Cricket seem to be uncomfortable? Maybe some medication to keep on hand would be good in case she needs them,even for just now and then.

She's been on Tramadol and Rimadyl. I just called my vet to see if they have any recommendations to keep the fluid down.

Just took these a few weeks ago....my sweetie.

DaveCricket012.jpg

DaveCricket007.jpg

Cricket-I'm shocked that you let mommie put this on you AND take a picture!! You are such the dignified gilrie that the elf ears have me stumped! LOL You're a good sport!

Hang in there Cricket! Your mommy loves you and your true love Shadow misses you and wishes you well!

Hugs and kisses from NC.