Apparent Dorsal Spine

I always saw some of Tuffy dorsal spine (spinous process)..more if He is laying down in weird position (like most greys like to sleep :lol )

Is it something to be concern of?

:unsure

PS He is not underweight (I can fell his ribs but they dont show), the vet says that He should not gain any more weight (difficult for a big pig as He is!)

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Our first greyhound, Tuffy: You will always be there with us my angel!
Tuffy greyhound-data
Otis greyhound-data Abbey greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

We can see it in all the hounds here. And with Minerva, her hipbones are so prominent, you could shave with 'em. Our most recent foster is the same way- he's pretty underweight, and nothing seems to "stick" to him.

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

If you just mean that you can see the bumps along his spine, yeah, that's totally normal.

yes, bumps on the dorsal part... like 3-4 bumps (spinous process)...

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

Yup.. Atlas has always been 'spiny'. So much so that we once met a little boy who called him a "dragon dog" because he had "spines" on his back like a Dragon. :rofl

This is the best picture I could find of his.

July10038.jpg

That's what you meant, right?

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Yup.. Atlas has always been 'spiny'. So much so that we once met a little boy who called him a "dragon dog" because he had "spines" on his back like a Dragon. :rofl

This is the best picture I could find of his.

July10038.jpg

That's what you meant, right?

YES!

glad other greys are like that.. but I founded weird that those bone are showing even if Tuffy is "fat" for a grey.. LOL..

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

I have been told by my adoption agency that you should see 3-5 "bumps" along the spine, as well as the last 3 ribs of your grey. This is considered the "ideal" weight. Now you will get various opinoins of how many you will see, but that is one thing that everyone agrees upon, you SHOULD be able to see some of their ribs as well as some of their spine. If you cant see any of either, your pup is overweight.

Chad