Looking For Prayers For Elsa

Guest Greytnorth

Sending prayers for your beautiful girl. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending prayers for your girlie! Where on earth did she get all the string?! The things these dogs eat ....

When Joseph had his surgery to remove part of a toy he'd eaten, they had to go into the stomach but not the bowel (they just x-rayed and felt it all up :lol when he was open) . He came home the day of his surgery; if he'd been done at the emergency vet, they'd've kept him at least 24 hours after, but my regular vet did the operation and let him come home. IIRC it was fluids only for @ 24 hours, then small meals of bland, soft, low-residue food for a couple days, then gradually increasing the same food till regular meal-size. The food we used was canned Hills' I/D (Intestinal Diet). I kept him eating that for @ 2 weeks after his surgery and then switched back to his regular kibble.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Greytnorth

Thanks for all the well wishes and advise. I guess I forgot to add to my original e-mail as to what exactly Elsa got into. Well it was a mat that I had at the front door. I had washed it a couple of times and she decided to eat the frayed edge. We didn't even realize that she had done it until she started to poop out pieces of it.

Well I just got back from visiting her at the vets and she's doing GREAT :yay She has not vomited now since yesterday afternoon and has managed to eat a bit of soft food. It sounds like she's been sucking up to all the staff and they're spoiling her rotten in return. As long as she has another good night, we'll be able to bring her home tomorrow :goodluck

Elsa at the vet office today.

IMG_0134.jpg

What a beautiful girl! Elsa honey, please don't give Mom another scare like that! We are sending many prayers :hope:hope for a speedy recovery and hugs :grouphug:grouphug for Mom. Please let us know how she's doing.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Glad to read a positive update. Sending good thoughts to beautiful Elsa for a speedy and uneventful recovery.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Guest FullMetalFrank

Awww, she is looking really good! I am glad to hear she is doing well. I said it before, but it bears repeating, she is just beautiful! Sending more prayers for her continuing recovery.

Sending more prayers...hurry home sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Greytnorth

ELSA IS HOME :bounce1

I just got back from picking her up and she's doing great. I think this whole adventure has traumatized us more than her. She's still got a lot of healing to do before she's back chasing squirrels but we're definately on the road to recovery. We're been given strict orders to feed her five small meals a day and to only use wet food for the first few weeks. She's also on antibiotics and anti nausea medication for the next several days. The stitches come out in 10 days. I'm amazed at how much weight she's lost since this whole ordeal has started and I'm sure that it will be a couple of weeks before we can start fattening her up. All the more reason to spoil her :wub:

So glad your pretty girl is home again! Fingers crossed for easy healing for her.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest westexhound

So glad she is home. That is FANTASTIC news!!!

We went through a similar experience several yrs ago with our lab. He swallowed a cycling glove and it finally got stuck in the intestines so they had to open him up. He had a speedy recovery and we certainly hope the same for your girl!