Polli- Is It Her Back Legs?

RobinM

Her right rear leg looks off....she is sore on it. She appears to be limping with that right hind. Could she have something on her pad of that foot? Maybe it is just a corn? Have a close look to see if you can find anything.

When she was outside in back, Teddy and Chloe starting doing their normal crazy playing and Polli started running with them. She seems more comfortable running, than she does walking.

thoughts?

It is the same with horses for example. Sometimes they look not bad at a walk but dead lame at a trot but then will gallop around like they are fine. It is part adrenaline and part weight bearing time. A walk requires more weight bearing for a longer period of time...more balance control. Does that make sense? It is totally normal for her to look really sore at a walk but not at a run.

I do think her back is more arched than normal but other than that, she looks exactly like Darcy in her gait - only smoother than Darcy really. That said, I know that Polli has walked with a better gait in recent weeks so I suspect that she's pulled something whilst learning how to get around as the 'new Polli'. And Darcy certainly finds it easier to run than to walk. She rarely walks anywhere, even within the house/garden.

Best wishes (with added kisses) for Polli and her Mummy :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Robin,

I have the same feeling as everyone else. I don't like the look of her back and how she is arching it. The rear leg also appears to be an issue but it could be as simple as muscle as others have stated or something else that is not serious but causing her some pain. You know her best and go with your gut....if you're wrong so what, if you right, you can do something to help sweet Polli.

Hoping it's nothing serious and just her trying to cope being a tripod.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest MorganKonaAlex

I can't view the videos because of my browser, but the 2nd photo shows her back arched. Morgan started arching his back like that when his LS started. From what I've seen, it is much easier for a tripod to run than walk, especially a front leg amp.

Guest EmbersDad

i gotta agree with everyone else. her right back leg looks "off" . ember certainly doesnt hop like that, especially with the arched back. is there any change today?

i do know that when she runs, she looks almost normal, no head bob, nuthin.....them squirrels that think they are the king of my bird feeder better start payin attention :lol

She has no corns, and yes she is still the same today. She does not seem to be in any discomfort (THANK GOD) so I going to wait till Monday when she is due for Chemo # 4.

She has however, stopped going down the steps by herself. She apparently knows, it's not a good idea. Unfortunately, this means we have to carry her up and down 3 floors of steps every time we leave the room which is really no more than 6 -7 tims a day. Between me and Dh- it's not so bad. We are trying to get a ramp built for the backyard off the deck. That would mean only the inside steps we would have to carry her.

Whatever it is, we will deal in whatever way we have to. Why oh why does she have to have something going on with her back legs now. Hasn't she had enough?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I am so sorry Polli is having problems! The thing that struck me the most was her arched back. I hope you can ask your vet if acupuncture and/or chiropractic is ok now, I think that would really help her. :bighug

I agree. I also emailed Dr. Couto to ask him. It wasn't my vet who was objecting to the acupunture, it was the vet who administers it. I will ask him as well.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Robin, I'm sorry it seems more like something than nothing. I guess I was hoping for the best. I too have heard that massage and acupuncture is not a good idea when cancer is involved, at least in humans so I assume the same applies to Polli. Praying for her and let us know what Dr. L says after Monday's treatment. Hang in there. And yes, she has had enough already.

The plot thickens. She desperately wanted to go out with her pack just now. 1st time in days. rooing and waiting by the door for coats so we let her. She walked on the grass (easements) but would stop and not want to walk on the driveways that led to the next grassy area.

I let her go 3 house and turned her around to come back. I did it more for her mental state of mind to feel like she was one of her pack which she loves to be.

I also spoke to the vet who does the acupunture for Beau and Teddy and he pretty much remains the same with his feeling about giving Polli acupunture. He is not really comfortable unless we have no options. I told him I would let him know what Dr. Couto and my vet said and let him know.

The plot thickens. She desperately wanted to go out with her pack just now. 1st time in days. rooing and waiting by the door for coats so we let her. She walked on the grass (easements) but would stop and not want to walk on the driveways that led to the next grassy area.

I let her go 3 house and turned her around to come back. I did it more for her mental state of mind to feel like she was one of her pack which she loves to be.

I also spoke to the vet who does the acupunture for Beau and Teddy and he pretty much remains the same with his feeling about giving Polli acupunture. He is not really comfortable unless we have no options. I told him I would let him know what Dr. Couto and my vet said and let him know.

With that and the stairs, it sounds like she has lost confidence with walking. Perhaps she had a slip when nobody was watching...is this possible? That would explain the sore leg/hip and the lack of desire to walk on anything other than grass. :dunno

I did not know that acupuncture was not a good thing to do with cancer...that is unfortunate because I would have recommended it as well. I have had it done to me and Koda has had it when she had left side paralysis (FCE). It did miracles for the both of us.