Round 2 Chemo Tomorrow

Guest EmbersDad

Guest EmbersDad

ember and i are off for her 2nd round of chemo tomorrow. this dose will be the carboplatin and im hoping she handles it fine. the doxyrubicin made her a bit lazier than usual and diminished her appetite for about 5 days but she has been a huge bundle of playful energy recently, chasing squirrels from the bird feeder and playing with her stuffies. wish us luck.

PUPDATE 11-21

no interest in breakfast today. did eat the peanut butter glops that hid her cerenia and antibiotics. i forsee a trip to mickey d's for a cheeseburger from the dollar menu :lol

Edited by EmbersDad

Good luck. We will be thinking of Ember.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

prayers for an uneventful chemo treatment. Hope she handles it well and continues on her healing journey.

hugs from Robin & Polli

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest EmbersDad

well, good news and bad news

good news->she is up to 53.4 lbs :wub::yay:

bad news-> pre chemo wbc was 1900 why it went down from "3.6" last week, i will ask when i go back

regardless, she will get the carboplatin treatment and they will send her home with cerenia and an antibiotic

i think i will go launder her blankets and pillowcases

howard stern is really funny this morning :-) :music

Edited by EmbersDad

The chemo can really play havoc with the blood counts. Praying she is home soon and has no ill effects...That is good her weight is up! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest EmbersDad
The chemo can really play havoc with the blood counts. Praying she is home soon and has no ill effects...That is good her weight is up! :grouphug

yup, thats what the vet said. really nothing to worry about. we just got home a bit ago. she took the cookie they gave us at the bank and ran to her spot by the bed only to find no blankies, lol..they are still in the dryer.

yup, thats what the vet said. really nothing to worry about. we just got home a bit ago. she took the cookie they gave us at the bank and ran to her spot by the bed only to find no blankies, lol..they are still in the dryer.

Come on with the blankies already Daddy! Sheeesh! ;)

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest EmbersDad
How's she doing this afternoon?

came home and slept a bit. she ate about 1/2 cup of her usual meal around 3-3:30 and wanted her walkies. we did 8 blocks. she wasnt fed this am per the doc's instruction so im hoping she will eat tomorrow. i left what was in the bowl in case she wants to pick thru the evening. i have been very lax with pics lately, and want to snap some new ones of her fur growing back in. the scabs are finally falling off around the incision site.