Really Worried

Guest tigerlily

Guest tigerlily

just found this this evening..called vet and cant get her in until next tues..it is big..guess its her gland..she doesnt have any bad teeth, and she is eating good and seems to be feeling fine..is there anything it could beside that awful thing that could take her from me? i am so scared..i dont want to loose my Sugar girl..

Edited by tigerlily

Guest wmlcml6

Do you have any antibiotics you can give her between now and Tuesday? Rosemary developed a sudden lump in her throat and antibiotics cleared it up in a few days and it hasn't returned.

Edited by wmlcml6

Guest tigerlily
Do you have any antibiotics you can give her between now and Tuesday? Rosemary developed a sudden lump in her throat and antibiotics cleared it up in a few days and it hasn't returned.

nope dont have anything..i pray that an antibiotic will fix this..i love her so much..

Guest greytfulhounds

Could be a ruptured salivary gland. My Joanie had that........one minute she was normal the next she had a lump. Is it hard or soft?

Sending prayers that it will not be anything serious. :hope

Do you notice any large glands any where else like her groin...behind her knees? Sending prayers this is just an infection. :grouphug I agree...it's a long time to have to wait to get into the vet.

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest tigerlily
Usually---I and I mean usually if there is swelling only unilaterally (one side) and not bilaterally that's has a better prognosis (meaning less chance of the "C" word). Sure your vet can't fit you in?--that's a longgggg time to wait when your nervous!!

there are 3 vets in the clinic but only one has greyhounds and knows about how they are different, so i would feel better going to her, and that is her first opening..and Sugar is feeling ok, so ...... i am going to wait, and pray..if she starts acting like something is wrong we will go immediately.

What about going to an e-vet? Yes they may not know Greyhounds inside out but this may be something they can treat tonight.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I would also ask to see one of the other vets. Six days is just too long to wait. Sending prayers and white light for Sugar.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest tigerlily

called early and got Sugar into vet today..she took a needle sample and it didnt show infection or fatty tissue..so the sample was sent off to pathology.. will be monday or tueday before we know..if it comes back a cancerous mass she wants to operate before thanksgiving..so...i am so scared..it could still come back that she has ahidden infection somewhere causing the enlarged gland..and she didnt feel any other glands enlarged..she gave her antibiotics and now we wait..need prayers for my Sugar Girl..

Prayers for your Sugar. Everything will be OK.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending many prayers for your sweet baby girl. I am so happy you got her in sooner. Chanting and praying the antibiotics will do the trick and that this is just an infection. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest tigerlily
Thinking of you and Sugar. :goodluck Any news?

wont know anything til monday or tuesday when results come back form pathology..started her on antibiotics this evening..i hope it is something they will work on so we wont have the other to deal with..only had her a year and a half..want lots and lots more time with my sweet girl..