Ig Needs Prayers

Guest summertime

Guest summertime

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i148/ktadb/HPIM0957-1.jpg

Good morning. Gracie fell from the roof a few weeks ago. Miracle of Miracle's she survived. She has been doing well, but now it is time for a bone graft on a broken leg. She's a trooper but she will need all the well wishes she can get. Can anyone who has had experience with this give me an idea of the recovery time? Gracie is 8 yrs old. She does not belong to me, I'm her care giver at the moment but I could use HPIM0957-1.jpgsome good thoughts and any tips you might have.

Edited by summertime

Oh that poor baby. I'm not going to ask HOW she fell from a rooftop...

Loads of prayers for that sweet baby.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest summertime

She fell (or jumped) after somehow climbing over a knee wall that separates her second story porch from the flat roof of the store next to her building. Everyone thinks that maybe she couldn't get back over the wall so in order to get off the roof she decided to jump. I guess we will never know how she or why she jumped, I'm just thanking God she survived. Believe me, the porch has undergone some structural changes since then. I usually care for her when they are away, but this day they decided since they were only going to be gone for a short time, the folks downstairs could look after her. Hard lesson learned for all involved.

Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts for lovely Gracie.

Something similar happened to my rent-a-dog (pseudo-sister's) IG several years ago. Not the fall, but the injury. Vera was chased around the property by another dog (in fun) and her foot and leg went down a hole in the lawn. It was a 3 day weekend and there was no vet available where we were. I spoke to the vet and he felt it would be okay to wait until the Monday. Come Monday, the x-rays determine that she had shattered every bone in her leg and would require micro-surgery and steel posts to be implanted. The surgery went well and within 2-3 months Vera was walking just fine. She would sometimes pick up her paw an give you the "please carry me, I'm pitiful" look but if you told her to put the paw down, she would. She was a character. Vera was probably a year or two older than Gracie when this took place and she lived to be 14.

Sending prayers and white light for the pretty little baby. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest summertime

I must say that Gracie seems to be thoroughly milking her new station in life. When she wants to be moved, she barks and stands on her hind legs to be picked up and transported or held, or fed, or hugged.............. or what ever else she demands. She has me right where she wants me. I'm changing my name to Step'n fetchit. That's ok though. Anything to make her feel better, I'm glad to do.

Her right leg is wrapped at an angle. That leg was not broken but badly dislocated. That was/is of the most concern to the vet. The right leg that is wrapped straight out is shattered. I will know more about the bone grafting when I take her in tomorrow. Scott seems to think that leg will heal faster than the dislocated one. I don't fully understand why.

Thanks for the note about the ig that healed well. That's encouraging.

go register at Iggyplanet.com if you're not already. there are some FAQ type posts about dealing with broken IG legs and someone who is going through a year+ long healing process with her own dog. My IG has never broken (thank doG) but it's not a bit uncommon.

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Guest summertime

Thanks for the info in Iggyplanet. Gracie is my brother's dog. Other than pupsitting Gracie I have had no other experience with the breed. I will check it out. Thank you.

Poor Baby sending lots of prayers and white light and hugs for a Quick Recovery. :grouphug:grouphug:hope:hope:hope:candle

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest FullMetalFrank

Poor little darling! No advice, just lots of healing prayers. These dogs sure do some crazy things, don't they? I hope she recovers well from her bone graft. I can almost see why the dislocated leg might be a longer healing process, as tendons and ligaments can take much longer than bone does to heal.