I Hate When They Get Old

Guest LazyBones

Guest LazyBones

i normally sleep with a box fan running, to block out noise. however, i've been leaving it off for the past couple nights, so that i can hear her if she's up. i woke up in the middle of the night to the soud of her trying to lie down in the hall, and her banging on my door. i got up and let her outside, just in case she might need to go potty. she decided to be a pain in the butt (not that i mind right now) by walking all over the backyard, sniffing and taking her dear sweet time. :rolleyes::lol when she came back to the door, she looked at me with her ears sticking straight up. :wub: i also noticed that she finished her dinner in the night.

mom mixed in a little kitty food with some kibble this morning, which she ate. mom was also telling me that yesterday, while home on her lunch break, gumby was "up to her old tricks." mom was kinda in a hurry as she was getting ready to go back to work, and when she opened the back door to get gumby to come back in, gumby was giving her a hard time. she ran/trotted off when mom opened the door and told her to come in.

i will be heading off to look for a nice new bed for gumby this morning.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww...so glad our little Gumby is doing better. Kiss her for me. :wub::grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest LazyBones
maybe she put you through all of this to get herself a new comfy bed! :lol

maybe! :lol and ice cream. i'm also gonna have to get her some of her much-loved haagen-dazs. right now i'd be willing to give her anything her little heart desires. :wub:

Somehow this thread managed to slip by me.

I am sorry things are not going well with sweet Gumby. Yes, it sux that they get old, but at least we are with them through that journey together. We can and do make it the most comfortable we possibly can for as long as we can.

Knowing that we can and do make such a difference in their lives is a wonderful feeling.

But, yes, it would be wonderful if they did not have to face the challanges of getting old, especialy because they can not convey what they are feeling or thinking.

Prayers for you and Gumby.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest LazyBones

tonight it seems that gumby is back to where she was wednesday night. she's been pacing again, panting, shaking a little at times, and holding her tail between her legs. and she hasn't been lying down and getting much rest ronight. :(

Guest joedogs_mom
tonight it seems that gumby is back to where she was wednesday night. she's been pacing again, panting, shaking a little at times, and holding her tail between her legs. and she hasn't been lying down and getting much rest ronight. :(

i am so sorry - you are in my thoughts. our joe is still zonked out from his morphine shot this morning...he finally drank some water but still not interested in eating. i am with you through this...prayers for gumby.

laura

Guest LazyBones

*update*

bad news. gumby had a rough day sunday, and it was clear to me that nothing was going to help her with her pain. after spending the day loving on her and spoiling her with as much ice cream and treats that she would take, i made the decision to let her go. she passed away in my lap early yesterday evening. :cry1

Guest boondog

Oh, no! I was just checking for an update. I didn't expect to see this. Gumby is one of my all-time favorite dogs on GT. My heart is breaking. You have my deepest sympathy. Run free, Gumby. Now you can have all of the ice cream you want.

Oh god that is so unbearably sad :cry1

Gumby was a little treasure, and it should be some comfort that she was not alone at the end and went peacefully on your lap after having a lovely life living with you....

God bless both of you - peace and love.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

I am SO sorry. :cry1 I was Gumby's Secret Santa this year. :weep I'm so heartbroken, sitting here crying. I had a "Hope" collar charm going out in the mail for Gumby tomorrow to give you both some strength. I feel terrible I didn't get it to you before she passed away. :( I will PM you.

Gumby sounded like such a spunky girl. :wub: I'm glad you got to spoil her with ice cream and treats. Those will be good memories. Run free from pain, Gumby. :cry1:gh_run2