Please Pray For Grandpa

Guest KennelMom

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know much about Grandpa. Is he not a candidate for a tieback?

My 13 yr old had a tieback 2 yrs ago and is doing terrific.

We debated this with our vet over several long conversations when he was diagnosed a year or so ago. We decided against the tie back because he was not a prime candidate + potential complications + his normally laid back personality. Our vet's personal dog has LP and he's very experienced treating the disease both medically and surgically, so despite last night, I think we made the best decision for Grandpa. We revisited the surgery option with our vet again this morning and it's off the table for now.

Thanks.

I'm sorry he's not a candidate. I hope he feels better.

Just saw this, you must have been terrified! Glad he seems to be doing better, I hope the new meds help him.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Sending more prayers for Grandpa. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I am sorry I am just now seeing this, sending healing thoughts to Grandpa! :grouphug :grouphug :hope :hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

What a horrific experience! SO glad Grandpa is up and around again! Loads of prayers, hugs and healing white light from our home to yours. Please let us know how he's doing!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead