Rapid Shallow Breathing & Other Symptoms

Sending lots of prayers for your girl, and some gentle hugs for yourself. You're an amazing dog mom, you know?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bell ate some more cooked ground beef this morning, and took a lamb treat from DH, ate half of it, then spit the rest out onto Penny's bed. Penny was happy to finish it for her.

I can't push her on the food. Either she eats or she doesn't. I am keeping a little of everything in the fridge so I can tempt her every couple of hours. It seems that she'll do a little at a time, but not full meals. She looks skeletal, but she has a little energy and this morning she pooped a little poop! Today I am on a mission to find some nutritional yeast on Judy's recommendation, maybe that will help.

I am trying to get used to the idea of taking everything day by day, and just enjoying her as long as her poor little body will let us. I want to "fix" her, but I know this can't be "fixed," only managed. So we are managing. Thank you to everyone who has sent us prayers, good wishes and suggestions for help. They are working.

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

I hope the Nutritional Yeast helps her appetite as much as is did Emmy. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee