Nero Is Home

Guest fasterthanu

Guest fasterthanu

First thank you so much to Tinas Troop and Jiffer for bringing my beautiful boy home. I really appreciate everything you have done for him and us.

Nero stepped out of the car and looked around calmly. He is a little nervous which we can tell by his panting but he seems to be happy.

nero004.jpg

What is over there?

nero002.jpg

Did you say something to me?

nero013.jpg

Sniff sniff

nero007.jpg

I smell......

nero015.jpg

A friend! He just sniffed and walked away from her. I have not introduced them face to face yet. Waiting for my husband to come home from work first.

nero009.jpg

The panting tells me he is a little nervous but he sure does seem to love the kids.

nero006.jpg

He keeps going back to them for more pets.

Congratulations!!!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Suddenly I have the song "Shiny Happy People" by R.E.M. going through my head! :lol: What a handsome and shiny houndie! Congrats!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Guest fasterthanu

You are all right he is very handsome!

If you have food in your hand he is crawling all over you....LOL

He is a little shy or nervous but quickly gets exited too. He loves attention and we love to give it.

He is doing great! He seems to want to be with the kids a lot and the meeting between Ariel {our golden retriever puppy} and him was very uneventful. She keeps sniffing him and walking underneath him and between his back legs. He is not really paying any attention to her.

Guest fasterthanu

Took him for his first walk and he was perfect. No exaggeration he was perfect. Lots of people asked about him and he just stood beside me and waited! He did look at his reflection in the store front windows when we walked down the main street but it was only looking and nothing else.

He even walked right beside through a group of people who were outside a bar having a cigarette. Not a flinch he just walked right on through right beside me as if it was something he did every night.

He will be a great ambassador.