Celeste Is Limping

winnie

I'm taking our 5.5 y/o grey girl Celeste to the vets office in a few minutes. She's had an on-again/off-again limp in her left rear leg for the past 10+ days. We thought that she just pulled a muscle running. We've been hand walking her for the past week, but the limp still hasn't gone away. She can get on/off furniture. The limp only occurs when she's on pavement - seems to disappear when she walks on grass. We haven't found any obvious injury to her paw or leg.

Wish us luck!

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

You have our prayers for nothing more than a sore muscle.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Well, the vet *thinks* it's just a soft tissue injury. She gave us Rimadyl to give for 2 weeks. Celeste can't go running with her sisters for now (we've already been walking her for the past week). We'll see how she does after a week. If no improvement, we'll take her back for X-rays.

Sending more prayers that the meds and rest do the trick. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest SoulsMom

Soul and I went through this at 4.5 years old. Two weeks of easy going leash walking and some meds and he was right as rain. I was scared though. They told me if he wasn't better in three days to come back for Xrays. And I could tell the vet was really concerned as well . . . . .Sending healing thoughts to your girl :grouphug

What vet do you use? I have my close to me vet for the usual suspects but I drive to Great Falls Animal Hospital whenever I see something where I think experience with multiple greys is of benefit. I love my regular vet and think he's the best but he also understands my need to see Dr. Kellogg for special cases, particularly a limp or feet stuffs.

Corns can be hidden up in the toe pad and not be visible. Have you squeezed each of her digits both at the pad and above to look for any discomfort? I'm thinking corn or joint injury when I ask this.

thinking positive thoughts for Celeste

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

We use Caring Hands Animal Hospital in Centreville. The vets there see a lot of greyhounds. Our usual vet did her internship near a greyhound track. Unfortunately, she wasn't available today so we saw another vet in the practice (who we haven't used before). We'll make sure to get our regular vet if Celeste isn't better by this time next week.

I just got back from our evening walk. Celeste is still limping. She walks fine on grass - only limps on pavement. DH and I did feel around her feet, but couldn't find anything. It seems like the limp originates more from the hip area.

Please continue to send happy thoughts... we're really worried about her.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for Celeste....

Edited: posted twice oops!

Edited by crazygang

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose