New From Spain

Guest HASIandASHA

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HASIandASHA

Hey there!

thank you for you kind words...it's fantastic to find nice people.

Hey javagirl!...your sister does not live far away from me, i live in Tarragona. Keep on doing it, maybe your sister will join us with time, we need people like you who doesn't care about getting involved in saving their lives, they deserve everything we can do, everything's worthwhile.

Once again thanks to anyone of you for your words and such a great welcome. I feel great here where you don't read the hunter's words, talking about galgos the way they do, talking about deaths or saying they don't even deserve a shot. wish there could be a law for them to get in jail. so crude the reality those dogs have to live every day.

Thank you for loving and treat them like the kings they are!

Regards

James

Guest Merrygohounds

Hi James and family. Welcome from Harrisburg North Carolina.

We have 4 greyhounds, 1 border collie and 2 cats. I think my husband is hiding an opossum in the garage but I can't find it. OH yea, and 2 human kids!!

You have a wonderful family and a good heart. Its good to meet you.

Guest HASIandASHA

Hey there marrygohounds!

thank you! your family sounds very nice i also have 2 cats Iris and Rita. Rita the terrorist! lol make all greyts go crazy. Iris her mom is very quiet and use to sleep a lot. Rita in only 5 months old so she is training the greyhounds, lol.

It's a pleasure to meet you as well, you have to send me a pic of your family would love to see them, my wife loves border collies ;)

thanks to you as well seattlegreygirl, glad you liked the pictures.

see you around

regards

James

Ahem...edited because I made a mean, but well deserved, comment about the hunters you referred to.

I made Argos a blog here: Argos the Galgo hoping that he might be a good ambassadog and people can follow his journey.

Thank you so much for all you do for these sad dogs.

Edited by GreytHoundPoet

Guest HASIandASHA

hello again greythoundpoet!

i can understand you perfectly about the hunter's mean comment. the truth when i think or talk about hunters i can't say good things, the images and the dogs talk by themselves. I don't care about what they have to say, their words mean nothing to me. i just have to look at a galgo's eyes and that says much much more than a hunter could in a whole year. Galgos haven't learn to lie yet. anyway they can't hide the fear.

See one of my galgos, the white one HASI was so afraid of everything when we first adopted her, now she is much better but still afraid of some things and certain people. But some time ago wasn't that way. if someone came for a visit, she would just stay in the couch or bed, look with panic eyes and she would pee if the person look at her or try to touch her.

we treated her with so much love and care and BACH'S FLOWERS. Now if you come home for the first time, she will not get close to you, she will bark around you, but it will take her 20 minutes to get close and ask you to touch her.

ASHA the black one, was similar, she would not pee, but she is soooo afraid of men. her former owner was a hunter, male about 30 years old. She used to live locked up at the garage. When my wife and I went to pick her up, she did just lay down, ears back, panic eyes, she didn't want to stand up. so just laid down in the ground, touch her, talk to her. She is too heavy and big, because of 5 years hunting, big musuculature. Seems some strange but she did adopt me in spite of being a man, she would walk by my side, if i stop she does, if i walk, or turn, shew does the same. My wife had problems when i had to go to work, ASHA didn't want to go out for a walk, and when going to the park near our home, the galgo would not stay with my wife, and run back home thinking i am there. The first time of course my wife, phoned me, she was so worry, and so sorry, and there she was in the door. took us some time to teach her she could go to the park with her as well...

These cases are just a couple in thousands and thousands. very terrible stories.

I have seen argo's blog, how cute! i like him much and the rest of the family ;) i'll be visiting it regularly to read the news :)

regards

James

Hi James,

great pictures, your Hasi looks a bit like my Cara.

Forgive me if I am too nosey, but what group do you work with?

The group I work for rehomes galgo's for 10 years now and we always like to get to know new groups.

Do you rehome the galgo's in Spain?

And have you heard this news?

http://www.laverdad.es/albacete/20081101/a...o-20081101.html

Guest IrskasMom

James (Hasi & Asha ) it's greyt to have you here on GT with all the other obsessed People. Your Family consist's of

all Breeds and that makes it so wonderful . Gorgeous Family. :wave:wave:wave:wave . I am originally from

Germany and I wish the Greyhounds are more widespread with Adoption there. It's not well known.

Guest HASIandASHA

thank you very much to anyone of you for such a great welcome.

I wish more people here could love galgos and greyhounds the way they are, but unfortunately every day we get new cases of galgos in so bad conditions. we try our best to make everything we can for them, to let them know what a couch is, how it feels to be loved and live in real homes.

wish more galgos could be re-homed andlive free and happy. About the adoptions in Germany i know a few organizations there working with galgos but it's true by working together we could do more. Many greyhounds travel to France, but i think the quarantine has a lot to do with this matter.

Hey Galgomum, yes i have read and watch about that news, in fact there are a couple of videos on the net about their rescue where you can see police men with greyhounds. These are running on the net and being known worldwide what it's good to know about the galgo's situation here. Unfortunately this is just one case of many others.

In example, i am still in shock, because i few days ago we did hear about a galgo's case, very injured in the neck, he had no skin and all you can see was the neck's muscle. In spite of being a hard image to see, he could've get healed, many other greyhounds in similar circunstaces were. we were moving really fast to find foster homes and adopters, we already had the foster home for that lovely white boy, when we received a call letting us know the vet put him to sleep, we could not believe it he wasn't that bad. Both, the vet and the person that took the dog there, commited a mistake a very big one. and yes, it's sad, but in so many cities and communities galgos are nothing, they do't deserve a chance.

"I am really sorry my good boy, i tried to find you the best place for you. you had a foster family waiting for you, people donating to get you healed very soon, but someone decided you were nothing, you mean nothing, but let me tell you boy you mean everything, our fight is up just because of you and your brothers we'll never give up, we can't do that as long as there are so many people hurting you"

if just so many organizations could stop fighting between them and care about what's really important. When you live in a place where you never stop receiving new cases of abused greyhounds, you get to appreciate so much those people like you that love them so much. seeing your pictures is so nice, seeing their beds or even sleeping in your own beds, being part of the family, etc.

They are sooooooooooooooooooo greyt!!!!! :P

wish more galgos could be re-homed andlive free and happy. About the adoptions in Germany i know a few organizations there working with galgos but it's true by working together we could do more. Many greyhounds travel to France, but i think the quarantine has a lot to do with this matter.

Besides England, Norway and Sweden there is no quarantine involved with the rehoming of galgo's in other European countries, even for the US quarantine isn't needed.

All the dog needs is the right amount of vaccinations, a European Passport and health certificate.

My group in the Netherlands already rehomed over a thousand galgo's from Spain and I know of several other groups in the Netherlands.

We also work with a German group and I know of many groups, in Germany, Belgium, France, Italy and many other countries that work hard to get these dogs rehomed.

But....more important is to try to change the Spanish attitude towards these dogs and for that the Spanish groups need to get to know each other and work together.

Guest HASIandASHA

i am completely agree with you, and of course there are many organizations re-homing galgos in Europen countries, that's why i told you i knew about a few of them in Germany, as well as other european countries.

When saying about the quarantine i mean england mostly, i know few organizations there that would like to help more, but the dogs need to be in quarantine before. i know quarantine isn't needed for other european countries and US. Isn't needed for France either, that is why many galgos go over there.

about the spanish attitude, that's why we fight for, it's hard to change their minds, as long as we have national celebrations like Bull fighting, running the bulls, etc it's going to be hard to change some ideas even though we would love everyone could change their minds and think better about the animals, but that takes lots of time, fight, education, etc...

i think if the organizations get to know each other andwork together for dog's well being things would be easier and nicer for those dogs waiting for foster homes or adoptions.

James

Edited by HASIandASHA

"I am really sorry my good boy, i tried to find you the best place for you. you had a foster family waiting for you, people donating to get you healed very soon, but someone decided you were nothing, you mean nothing, but let me tell you boy you mean everything, our fight is up just because of you and your brothers we'll never give up, we can't do that as long as there are so many people hurting you"

:weep:weep:weep:crying:crying:crying

*Hugging Argos tight*

Edited by GreytHoundPoet

Guest HASIandASHA

Oh my!!!! What a surprise to find my old Prince here, hahahhaha he loves to be the star, since he acted on a documentary series here in Spain, it was a weekly program telling about natural environments, going through hills, rivers, meeting the locals, and prince walking all around, lol. If you just play the dvd, when he hears the noise of the sheeps he doesn't stop barking at the tv hahahhaha. That was after the 6 surgeries, he was feeling great, walking around, and laying down as well, lol.

Hug Argos really tight ;) If I could, i would hug warm and tightly every single homeless galgo, make them feel safe at least for a moment, oh my, that poor galgo's case was really a shock, i still remember him and wonder myself why!!! why!!! At least he can't suffer now and surely feeling free, with no fears, and no one up there to hurt him. We miss you boy!!! :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HASIandASHA

Hello!!!!

What a big surprise :) you are so right about Char. Thank you very much for your message, it's always good to meet new people and receive a welcome from Canada, I have something special with that country, my dog Maple it's a good sign of it :)

See you around!!!!

James