Day 14. My Sleeping Beauty

RobinM

Our nights are still not greyt so I will try and catch a nap when I can. Last night, after DH walked Beau, Chloe & Teddy @ 11PM, he took this of me and Polli.

We are still on the floor in the den. We took apart our bed last night and put the mattress on the floor in the master bedroonm. So now instead of the bed being 33 inchces of the floor, it is 15 inches with just the mattress.

In order to accomodate all the pieces of the bed, we needed to use 3 other rooms in our house. We are totally upside down!!!

We are hoping to try to use the bedroom over the weekend. If it's too much carrying Polli up and down all the steps we can always revert back to the den before we put those mattresss back where they belong.

We are hoping that once Polii is back in the room where she was prior to all this, she will make an attempt on the steps. It's all up to Polli!

DSC_0505.jpg

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest EmilyAnne

Her incision looks great and no more bruising from what I can see in picture! :yay

Love the toofers! :blush

I don't have any advice on the stairs, but if you need ideas on how to make it easier for Polli to get up on the bed, we have a crib mattress wedged next to our bed at the foot. Henry likes to use that as a boost to get up on the bed, cause it is large and nice and firm.

Have you gotten her new harness yet?

She had no bruising at all. My vets used a compression sweater on her which made her not bruise.

Oh yes, we got the harness and it's on it's way back for a refund!!! She absolutely refused to take ONE step with it on. I can't force it & can't drag her so back it went!!!!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest EmilyAnne
She had no bruising at all. My vets used a compression sweater on her which made her not bruise.

Oh yes, we got the harness and it's on it's way back for a refund!!! She absolutely refused to take ONE step with it on. I can't force it & can't drag her so back it went!!!!

Oh no! So sorry the harness did not work out! Do you think it was just the whole idea of a harness, or just that particular harness?

I don't have any advice on the stairs, but if you need ideas on how to make it easier for Polli to get up on the bed, we have a crib mattress wedged next to our bed at the foot. Henry likes to use that as a boost to get up on the bed, cause it is large and nice and firm.

good idea about the crib mattress. We had bought a $300.00 set of Orvis steps many months ago which we also returned since the only one who used them was the cats!!!!

I will look into getting one this weekend. I have one in the nursery for my granddaughter, but I don't think my DD would be please having me use that one for the dogs!!!!

Guest SoulsMom

Wow, I can't believe it's already been 14days . . .she looks so good!

Soul is such a big boy, that I've already decided that if something happened and he couldn't do stairs, that the dining room would become my new bedroom, with mattresses on the floor.

Oh no! So sorry the harness did not work out! Do you think it was just the whole idea of a harness, or just that particular harness?

Probably both. This is not the time to try and teach her about the harness when she is coping with learning to naviagate with 3 legs. So....

Guest EmilyAnne

good idea about the crib mattress. We had bought a $300.00 set of Orvis steps many months ago which we also returned since the only one who used them was the cats!!!!

I will look into getting one this weekend. I have one in the nursery for my granddaughter, but I don't think my DD would be please having me use that one for the dogs!!!!

The crib mattress will slip around so you'll have to make sure you find a way to make it stay put. Our bedroom is only 9x9 so all I had to do was wedge a king sized pillow between the wall and mattress and it stays put. One of those non slip rug pads might do the trick. They make ones for smooth floors, and then they make another kind for carpet.

We gave up our bedroom for Henry. With his seizures there's just no way I'd be able to get him down the stairs post seizure. The unfortunate thing is, we had to do demolition in order to get our queen sized bed up the stairs when we first moved in. Since it's too much work to get it down, and would take up so much room in the downstairs bedroom anyways, we just left it up there and our 11 year old is very happily sleeping on our luxury top of the line queen sized bed while we sleep on a full size bed we found in the garbage dump. :rolleyes::lol

The crib mattress will slip around so you'll have to make sure you find a way to make it stay put. Our bedroom is only 9x9 so all I had to do was wedge a king sized pillow between the wall and mattress and it stays put. One of those non slip rug pads might do the trick. They make ones for smooth floors, and then they make another kind for carpet.

We gave up our bedroom for Henry. With his seizures there's just no way I'd be able to get him down the stairs post seizure. The unfortunate thing is, we had to do demolition in order to get our queen sized bed up the stairs when we first moved in. Since it's too much work to get it down, and would take up so much room in the downstairs bedroom anyways, we just left it up there and our 11 year old is very happily sleeping on our luxury top of the line queen sized bed while we sleep on a full size bed we found in the garbage dump. :rolleyes::lol

Our bedroom is just the opposite. it's over 1100 sq feet.When I first moved into this house 16 years ago, I gave my DD the master bedroom with the bath and walk in closet and I took the 3 bedrooms on the top level and made that into a master suite and bath. I did not need 6 bedrooms. So, now we have 4. Our room is carpeted with frizay (Sp?) carpeting . I think with a sheet, it should be OK. I could test it out with my granddaughters mattress and not tell DD!!!! :P

If it works, I'll get one. But Polli should be able to navagate 15 inches eventually.

Gorgeous picture :wub:

She's looking great :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Robin, Polli looks so good...so do you. :) Get some rest ladies!

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Awwww...she looks so sweet...Nite nite ladies. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest ChasesMum

awwww! She looks so much like my Chase. We love the "party"color hounds! (lol) Great pic! Did you know he took it at the time or did you wake up to it?

George was not a snuggler and other than the first couple nights, and the last couple nights of his life - when he wanted us right there beside him - he was happy on his beds. Chase though would be happiest with me in bed with her! I think we'd be much the same way as you are in that pic for as long as she had.

What a heart warming picture. WooHoo Polli. And good to see you getting some sleep too, Robin. She'll be jumping up before you know it. Sending hugs and scritches.

awwww! She looks so much like my Chase. We love the "party"color hounds! (lol) Great pic! Did you know he took it at the time or did you wake up to it?

George was not a snuggler and other than the first couple nights, and the last couple nights of his life - when he wanted us right there beside him - he was happy on his beds. Chase though would be happiest with me in bed with her! I think we'd be much the same way as you are in that pic for as long as she had.

DH is not most quiet person! So, I did wake up after he took it! That's why I grab whatever minutes I can get. As soon as my head hits the pillow, literally, I am asleep. I have been trying to read a book for the last 2 weeks. I am on page 2. As soon as I start reading, my eyes cross and I am out!

It's like having a newborn again except I am 28 & 17 years older than I was when I had my newborns!!!!!