Tee Shirt Coverage For Front Leg Amputee

RobinM

I would like to change the sweater (it's like a danskin and very binding) to a tee shirt tomorrow for Polli.

Maybe I am just so tired, I can't think straight, but I can not figure out how the tee should be.

The head opening goes over her head, front leg goes through the arm. The other opening just hangs or if I use a large tee shirt, I can tie it off?

Is that it?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest MorganKonaAlex

You can let the other arm hole hang. If you knot it then it might interfere with laying on it. To take up the slack from the bottom of the shirt (i.e., the waist), I fold it up and tape it with athletic tape. Some tie it up.

How long after the surgery was she wearing the shirt?

Polli is wearing the sweater/danskin thing and it is so da*m binding that that was one reason she was freaking last night so I cut it. I told the vet and she said, that's fine. But I think I cut it too much, it's a mess. She's a mess, I'm a mess, the whole thing is a mess.

so before i screw anything else up, I want to make sure this is OK.

Did Morgan wear a tight binding thingy? If so, how long before the tee went on.

Polli does not have staples, she has disolvable sticthes, BTW.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest HeatherDemps

With Dempsey, I just used a men's undershirt, I tucked the "spare" armhole inside itself and then used a rubberband to bunch the excess material (bottom of the shirt) on his back.

Guest MorganKonaAlex
How long after the surgery was she wearing the shirt?

Polli is wearing the sweater/danskin thing and it is so da*m binding that that was one reason she was freaking last night so I cut it. I told the vet and she said, that's fine. But I think I cut it too much, it's a mess. She's a mess, I'm a mess, the whole thing is a mess.

so before i screw anything else up, I want to make sure this is OK.

Did Morgan wear a tight binding thingy? If so, how long before the tee went on.

Polli does not have staples, she has disolvable sticthes, BTW.

Just FYI - Morgan's a boy. :-) He came home with staples and no bandages. We put the shirt on him a few days later to make sure he wouldn't mess with it. Here's a photo approx. 5 days after surgery. Morgan's post amputation photo

I'm sorry. I know that Morgan is a boy. Right now everyone is a SHE! RE: Polli.

I have Polli on the brain.

With Dempsey, I just used a men's undershirt, I tucked the "spare" armhole inside itself and then used a rubberband to bunch the excess material (bottom of the shirt) on his back.

We knotted the spare material for Darcy's t shirt on her back too :) And then we used the knot thingy as a sort of handle :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!