New Guy Not Eating

Thane (now Sir Gwain our new boy who has yet to be officially introduced here) did not want to miss a meal since I brought him home Saturday night. Ate fine Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. This morning before I headed north for Dewey he didn't want to eat.

On Monday I took him along to the vet when I took Pudge in for her yearly checkup. Vet did a brief check and he tested negative for worms.

He's been showing no signs of stress. Gets along fine with the rest of the pack.

I just phoned DH and he said Gwain turned his nose up at dinner - even a bit of wet food. He is drinking. Told DH to give him some bread if he'll take it. Also sent him out to do a poop check. He has had runny poop but I figured that might be expected with all the changes he's gone through recently.

In the morning I drive the rest of the way to Dewey and of course I'm gonna worry.

Hopefully he just misses me. :( Miss Pudge didn't eat for DH either but she'll do that when I'm gone. They are both acting peppy at least.

Guess I'm feeling guilty for leaving the furkids behind. :huh

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest BlackandBrindle

Do you normally feed the pups or your husband?

When Manlow the foster wouldn't eat I'd kind of freak out but he always ate the second meal of the day.

If he's otherwise fine I'd say he just misses you and will eat when he's hungry.

Thane was at the adoption kennel for week or so eating the mix fed there. No record of what he ate in his last home so no way to transition him. Don't know if it would have made that big a difference if I'd gotten some scoops of the kennel food mix. :dunno He'd had a bit of diarrhea which we attributed to diffierent food and the stress of leaving his home of 5 years.

I do the feedings 99% of the time. Maybe he doesn't like how Dad cooks :P

Yes, Diane I left them all behind! I have never had a vacation in my 18 years of working at the hospital and can't remember one at any other time before that. Darn those furkids for trying to make me feel guilty. :rofl

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Hoping the kids eat real soon. Have a wonderful time...and have DH add some meat to their food.

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

DH just called to tell me Gwain ate :yay ...and that I've been spelling Gawain's name wrong. :rofl

tiny hada siggy.png

DH just called to tell me Gwain ate :yay ...and that I've been spelling Gawain's name wrong. :rofl

:yay:yay That's great. He was just missing you. Have a great time and then hurry home :lol

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I was wondering who got him! I went to see him on Sunday and he was GONE! Congratulations!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow