I Found Out Why Bailey Has Been Limping

Bailey has been limping for about 3 weeks and on Tuesday our vet removed what I thought was a corn. DH was there and our vet told him not to tell me, but he sent it away for a biopsy because he thought it might be a tumour and he knew how much I would worry.

Well, he just called and said it was a tumour and we should amputate her toe. I asked how quickly is it spreading because we are going on vacation with the pups from Oct 8 to Oct 27. He said to go and have a good time because he doesn't think it's growing that fast. DH still thinks we should go and I want to go because we really need a vacation. Of course, I feel guilty because I think what if it grows really fast, yada yada. The pathology report did not mention "malignant" and our vet said this guy was really thorough and he would mention if there was a chance of malignancy.

I feel so selfish by going though...:(

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm sorry to hear that it's a tumour. It's a tough decision, and one that no-one can make for you, but I think I would trust the vet and go and have fun.

Every case is different, and your vet has more information because he knows what you're dealing with. Did he tell you what type of tumour it was?

Jim had a basal cell carcinoma on one toe when he was only about three years old. We were actually on holiday when I discovered the tumour, and it was about the size of a pea. The vet wanted to take the toe off at the time of the tumour removal and I said I would rather he spared the toe if he could. Well, he kept the toe, and the vet said he'd managed to remove it cleanly, but was still concerned that it might return (or might have spread already) but it never did. He checked Jim's lymph glands every time he saw him for the next few years and finally gave up. Jim lived to thirteen and a half and finally died of heart failure. I know that's just one story, and it could very easily have gone the other way, then I'd have felt horribly guilty. We can only make the best decision at the time and hope for the best.

I hope Bailey's tumour is a nice, slow-growing, unthreatening one like Jim's was.

Good luck with making the decision!

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Sending my prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending prayers for a uneventful removal and recovery.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Hugs, and don't feel guilty for going on vacation. The tumor is gone and I would think it won't come back that quickly now that it's been removed, so a couple of weeks probably isn't going to do any harm.

Edited by AngelWhispers

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Hugs, and don't feel guilty for going on vacation. The tumor is gone and I would think it won't come back that quickly now that it's been removed, so a couple of weeks probably isn't going to do any harm.

No, that's the problem...they didn't remove all of it...so that's why I feel so guilty because I'm making her wait 3 more weeks before we get her toe amputated...and I'm worried. Geez I feel torn...and really selfish...and so guilty...I could go on and on but you get the idea.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross