Strange Dream

laurie

Guest FullMetalFrank
:grouphug:grouphug I know what it is like to not be able to get over the guilty feelings of "if only I'd have...." I guess eventually it just becomes a part of us; and that is why the dreams, I think it is our subconscious trying to make some sense of what we cannot. I think her running in to you was a way of showing that she never really left you, that she will always be with you, and also a reminder not to stop sharing her story so that others may be spared a similar tragedy.

To me the fact that she ran through at a full run and right into you means that she wanted to show you that she IS running free and happy and will always be with you. I think she was showing you that athough her body sustained a broken neck- the real her-the spirit- that you loved did not. Only the body died-she is still alive and happy inside you. That's what I got out of it-hope it helps.

I completely agree with this.

I do, too.

Laurie and Robbie, I think of both of you often, as well as Emily and Iberia. We've all learned from your tragedies, I'm just so sorry that you both had to experience them and that you're both feeling such guilt after so many years. :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm another one who was grateful for your warning and because of it I put some transfers on our patio doors.

:grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

To me the fact that she ran through at a full run and right into you means that she wanted to show you that she IS running free and happy and will always be with you. I think she was showing you that athough her body sustained a broken neck- the real her-the spirit- that you loved did not. Only the body died-she is still alive and happy inside you. That's what I got out of it-hope it helps.

That is what I was thinking.

We are so sorry that you had such a tragic loss for your beloved girl. I had not heard this before and never thought about clings on the slider (we had them all over high & low though for us as we don't always pay attention) - but it is a wonderful idea. For your dream, to me it speaks loudly - that this is not your fault, that she is always with you and was running full speed into your heart because you needed her. When a dream is that physical, it is just a reminder of how much you mean to each other and how important her life was for you and us gt'ers. Sending hugs and a special thank you. Run free sweet girl.

Guest 2greygirls

This is my opinion..She has been trying to get back into her home, to you, to her favorite place..she has been gone but a little uneasy..Not in a bad way, but she didn't understand why she couldn't reach you..To me, and I sometimes get strong feelings about these things..she ran right through, no barriers, right into you , where she will always be. I think it was a very good dream. It might have been your own feelings , left over guilty feelings turned up by replacing the door, that manifested it, or I think it was her..rejoining you at top speed at last.. :wub: Either way, I think she just wants you to know she's with you.

They do send us things in the strangest way.

I think she was happy that you got rid of the doors that she was afraid of. Now that you have new doors, she could come back inside to rejoin you and your family.

I, too, want to thank you for posting the reminder.

DD

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

The other night, I dreamed I was standing by the French doors when they flew open and bright sunlight burst through to where I was standing. A half-second later, Emily came flying through at a full run and went into my body--not crashed into my body, but went inside it.

I think that says it all :grouphug It's a beautiful dream! It's also a reminder that when one door closes, another one opens up.

I know how hard it is for you to post your yearly reminder, as you know how hard it is for me to post about Eliza every year. Share we must, it's the only way, for me at least, to make sense out of tragedy.

Emily is fine, as is Eliza. It's you and I who suffer with guilt, earned or not.....it'll be gone when we see them again -- knowing how totally forgiving greyhounds are....

Sending prayers for peace and comfort to you, my friend.

Edited by Burpdog

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Oh gosh, I remember hearing about that. I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

With every home visit I remind adopters about the danger of glass doors and we talk about stickers and clings. I tell them Emily's story and it really drives the point home. You have saved lives with your reminders - please don't stop posting them.

I for one would like to see a pinned article for newbies about common household hazards.

Rugrat's Rebel (Simon) 09/03/1995-03/22/2010, Silly Savannah 05/14/1995-02/13/2009, Isabella de Moreau the Sloughi 05/15/1993-10/14/2008, Hammy the IG 06/11/04 and ChiChi the Chihuahua 2003

Guest HoustonGreys

Please accept this explanation because I believe this is what Emily wanted for you. We are always our own worst critics. I hope you can find peace and joy with this beautiful dream.

• 2 weeks later...

She ran into your heart; what a lovely thought to hold onto.

Here's an "oldie" asking you to please keep posting about sliding doors. We'd had greyhounds for 25 years when we got Rita, yet I forgot to put something on the slider the day we brought her home. Sure enough; as soon as I took off the leash she ran off and hit the slider. Thank God she wasn't hurt but to this day, she hates to go through doors or even doorways.

Yes, quarterly posts would be good; we all need a reminder from time to time!

Marcia