Flashy's Thyroid Results

patricia

Ok...when Flash started back on his Soloxine after all of his MSU tests~he was on .7 of Soloxine twice daily. His blood results after that month was T-4: 3.0 He was acting so hungry so they bumped him down to .6 twice daily. Blood results from yesterday: T-4 5.9 :eek They are now bumping him down to .4 twice daily with another blood test in one month. This sure is a delicate science! :blush

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

it sure is. Chloe is on .5 - 2 x a day. She is still a bit low BUT if I raised her soloxine, the craaaaaaaaaazy bitch that she is, she'd be doing flips in the air!!!!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

My vet suggested .6 ONCE a day versus the twice a day, so we tried it for 6 months; she just went in for a recheck and her T-4 was middle of the normal range. I've read where doing the dose just once a day will work, so that's what we tried. Before the once a day, Gypsy was on .6 TWICE a day. It sounds weird that dosing her just once a day w/ the same dose would work, but it did... So who knows? :dunno

Connie

Guest Greensleeves
My vet suggested .6 ONCE a day versus the twice a day, so we tried it for 6 months; she just went in for a recheck and her T-4 was middle of the normal range. I've read where doing the dose just once a day will work, so that's what we tried. Before the once a day, Gypsy was on .6 TWICE a day. It sounds weird that dosing her just once a day w/ the same dose would work, but it did... So who knows? :dunno

Connie

You know, I have been wondering about this, too. In humans, it is once a day--first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach.

And we had a crazy time stabilizing Whistler's thyroid, too--the dose that finally worked for him? 1.3 twice a day (a .7 and a .6). I've never heard of anyone else on that kind of dose, but it was what he needed.

it sure is. Chloe is on .5 - 2 x a day. She is still a bit low BUT if I raised her soloxine, the craaaaaaaaaazy bitch that she is, she'd be doing flips in the air!!!!

:lol:lol:lol See...The Flashman is a very layed back little boy and always has been. He just wants to lay on the couch and be by Mommy and Daddy.

I just got an e-mail from Dr. Couto and he says he will feel better when we get him under 4....here's hoping next months blood test will be the magic number but I think we are in for many blood tests getting him regulated.

Thanks everyone!

Usethisone.jpg

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

Connie

You know, I have been wondering about this, too. In humans, it is once a day--first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach.

And we had a crazy time stabilizing Whistler's thyroid, too--the dose that finally worked for him? 1.3 twice a day (a .7 and a .6). I've never heard of anyone else on that kind of dose, but it was what he needed.

Dude was on two different amounts, too. A 0.8 in the morning and 1.2 (.8 + .4) in the pm. This was clearly too much for him, but his levels were still below "normal." He goes back in for his recheck this week and we'll see what's what.

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Don't forget - when you take Flashy in for his thyroid re-check, make sure you give him his pill between 4 and 5 hours before his appt. Too soon/too late and the reading won't be right. I forgot that one time and the reading came back really skewed and we couldn't figure out why at first. Re-did the test so they drew blood exactly 4-1/2 hours after Gypsy got the pill and the reading was fine.

I usually waited 2 months on dosage changes to give time for adjustment. When we got "adjusted" we went in every 6 months for a year, now we're down to every year.

Connie

We got Misty's regulated, but so much for this being a science! And she has 2 nails starting to grow in and they look pretty strong

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest houndlover

Now you've got me wondering about Billy's T-4 results. I had him checked the end of June. He really wasn't due for a thyroid recheck but he was losing weight and fur and his coat looked like crap. Of course when the vet called with the results I wasn't home so DD took the message. You can imagine how that went! DD said that the vet said that the results were low normal or below normal (she wasn't sure which) and to watch him. I never thought to ask what the numbers were b/c they really don't mean too much to me. He is on .8 2x's per day and seems to be doing fine on it. I will have to try to remember to ask what the results were next time I am at the vet.

What is the "normal" range?

Don't forget - when you take Flashy in for his thyroid re-check, make sure you give him his pill between 4 and 5 hours before his appt. Too soon/too late and the reading won't be right. I forgot that one time and the reading came back really skewed and we couldn't figure out why at first. Re-did the test so they drew blood exactly 4-1/2 hours after Gypsy got the pill and the reading was fine.

I usually waited 2 months on dosage changes to give time for adjustment. When we got "adjusted" we went in every 6 months for a year, now we're down to every year.

Connie

Oh for sure! Flashy has had these tests for 6 years now and we always time it perfect! Also since he is on the Soloxine twice a day...we also make sure his meds are 12 hours apart. He has always gone every six months for his test...but right now we are having problems regulating him so it's monthly for some time. :)

Usethisone.jpg