Update...good Thoughts Please

Guest lauri

Lauri, since you're syringe feeding him, try crushing up some vitamin B-6 & B-12 tablets and mixing it with his food mixture. Those are good for kick starting his appetite again also. He won't be able to tell they're even in his food. We bought a little pill crusher (really cheap) at the pharmacy and crushed vitamins and stuff in Emmy's food.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I've figured out the syringe. He really isn't fighting it much, and I found it's better to squirt a LITTLE at a time :blush

He did eat some hotdog and tapioca earlier AND I even spoonfed him some of his syringe food. He's been syringed 3 times today so far and one more to go before bed.

Funny thing is...after the first syringe feeding, he perked up a bit and was REALLY happy and waggy to see his grama who came to visit.

And now he seems 'normal' again!

I don't get it.

BUT he's so clear eyed and seems too mentally there (when he's not sleeping) to have cancer - It was back in April that he first had symptoms. Hope I'm right!

I've gotta charge the battery to my digi cam so I can get a picture of Mr. Miles Bonerack.

Edited by lauri

I really feel your pain. One thing I found our was spoon feeding was easier and less messy than syringe feedingt. I just forced Foxy's mouth open and turned the spoon upside down so the very soft food was on the back of her tongue. It was easier for her to swallow it than spit it out.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Come on Miles, all our thoughts are with you and your Mum. Please, please put some weight on and let's get you better.

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest bonscoby

I'm adding my prayers for Miles. I know what it's like to use a syringe on an animal. My cat, Caviar, wasn't able to eat food by himself for 5 years, so I used a syringe for 5 years to keep him going. It was well worth it! After a while it just became a part of my routine to feed him that way. It was also treasured time because I knew he appreciated it.

In the meantime, if there is anything you want to share, please don't hesitate to do so here or in a PM.

Bonnie