Strange "bite" Mark On Gizzy

cello

We saw the vet this morning. She is not sure what exactly this is either! She did note that there is actually bruising around the outside ring now. As a precautionary measure, she is starting Gizzy on Doxy for two weeks, just in case this is tick related. Thanks for the help everyone.

Carol Ann

I just noticed this strange mark on Gizzy' side. Does anyone know what it could be? We live in Central Florida if that helps.

DSC06825.jpg

DSC06824.jpg

Edited by cello

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

I got her a vet appointment for tomorrow morning at 10am. Better safe then sorry.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Definitely has the similarities of a tick bite. Good luck at the vet, I hope it's nothing.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Funny you should ask! George suddenly developed a spot just like that--maybe actually worse. I have a new kitten, and I assumed immediately maybe my little pestilence carrier (his fecal came back positive for round worms and giardia, darn it all!) brought ring worm with him, so "riteawawqwik" we went to the vet. She took scrapings and pulled out hairs and put them in a weird tube of strange goo--the ringworm test takes something like 12 days--and in the meantime she put him on antibiotics (his was oozing a bit in the center) and gave me a steroid spray.

Just got the call--not ringworm--she still has no clue--but it's much better now. I also have a strange mark on my arm, and if I lay down with George (he won't get on the bed--I have to snuggle on the floor with him!) and drape my arm over him in the usual way, my mark lines up with his! I asked her could it be a spider bite (since I think that's what my mark is) and she said heck yeah! So...

Could be anything from a spider bite to a tick bite, and the vet probably won't have any more a clue than mine did!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest LindsaySF

Hopefully it is nothing serious.

Clancy gets bug bites on his tummy every summer. I brought him to the vet the first time I saw it thinking it was ringworm, but the vet said it was bug bites and to put hydrocortizone cream on it.

bothcircles.jpgcircle2.jpgcircle3.jpg

I asked about it on my pit bull forum and someone said it was from black flies.

~Lindsay~