It's Back!

Shanti's staph infection has returned. :( I suspected it yesterday as there was a TINY blister. Today there is a bigger greenish one. No doubt. I restarted the antibiotics. The good thing is I had the medicine and started it right away. I am hoping this stops it in it's tracks and it does not progress to what it did last time!

I am guessing this is something I am going to battle for a long time.

The Girls

No clue. I know a couple other greys that get them and it is a constant battle. I have a call into the vet. We were suppose to go tomorrow for a recheck, but I am sick. So I rescheduled for Wednesday when I can take Asti (stitches removal) and Shanti at the same time. Won't that be fun!?!?

The Girls

Guest greytmonty
No clue. I know a couple other greys that get them and it is a constant battle. I have a call into the vet. We were suppose to go tomorrow for a recheck, but I am sick. So I rescheduled for Wednesday when I can take Asti (stitches removal) and Shanti at the same time. Won't that be fun!?!?

Well you know we have been there, done that. you have my TOTAL sympathy. Monty's staph lasted about 7 months last year.

Good luck. I hope you can go straight to the strong antibiotics and use Reglan if needed for tummy trouble.

I am sorry you are going through this. Hugs to Shanti from Monty and me.

Guest BlackandBrindle

Staph is an opportunistic infection from what I understand, so combine that with the valley fever, and it's a problem :(

Poor Shanti girl. Poor you!

I just got some immune system boost stuff for Sadie from Sue (wysong stuff) and it looks like cheese. I'll let you know if we like it because maybe it'll be worth a shot for you? It certainly works to get her to eat her food, so that's always good!

Well you know we have been there, done that. you have my TOTAL sympathy. Monty's staph lasted about 7 months last year.

Good luck. I hope you can go straight to the strong antibiotics and use Reglan if needed for tummy trouble.

I am sorry you are going through this. Hugs to Shanti from Monty and me.

She is on Baytril. I was hoping for a cheaper one, but this is the preferred drug and it works. So I bite the bullet.

nooooooooo! Iam so sorry. I hope by jumping on it quickly (and stomp it into the ground) it won't be so bad this time. :bighug

I was just thinking I could return your no bite collar. Can I hang onto it a bit longer?

Staph is an opportunistic infection from what I understand, so combine that with the valley fever, and it's a problem :(

Poor Shanti girl. Poor you!

I just got some immune system boost stuff for Sadie from Sue (wysong stuff) and it looks like cheese. I'll let you know if we like it because maybe it'll be worth a shot for you? It certainly works to get her to eat her food, so that's always good!

Let me know how it works! Now on antibiotics too she will not feel like eating even more. I just stocked up on more pasta and chicken.

The Girls

Oh poor baby. Here's hoping the meds work rightawaykwik! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Aw man, I was hoping you were lucky and were able to get rid of this.

Here's what I use http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00...BK/ref=dp_olp_2 Works better than any meds I've tried (it goes away with meds, but then comes right back). You may have to bathe her every couple of days in the beginning or when she has a bad outbreak, but I usually wash Riley with this once a week or so and it keeps the infection away.

Aw man, I was hoping you were lucky and were able to get rid of this.

Here's what I use http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00...BK/ref=dp_olp_2 Works better than any meds I've tried (it goes away with meds, but then comes right back). You may have to bathe her every couple of days in the beginning or when she has a bad outbreak, but I usually wash Riley with this once a week or so and it keeps the infection away.

You were one of the ones I was thinking of with it reoccuring. When Shanti hates me for the all the baths, I will blame you. :D I don't bathe her very often as she HATES it. I am guessing she is going to have to deal with it.

The Girls

Brave Lady! When we take both it is harder as Gus picks up on Gracie's fear and loathing of even going in the door - so then both of them shake like a leaf in a windstorm! Not good for any of us. And while dh & I try to go together, that is not always possible. Luckily the staff at our vets love our greys so they gladly come out to help me in and out.

I am so sorry that Shanti has this infection again. Sounds like there are a few others that have gone through this with good suggestions, I hope something works to keep it away for good.

So glad you are getting Asti's stitches out too! Maybe she will settle down after that :goodluck

Sending gentle hugs and scritches. And hope you are feeling better too!

Here's hoping everyone gets better soon! Take care.

You know, I read on a couple posts about that Vitamin B supplement stuff - I know that jillysfullhouse used it Xan used it and others. They raved about how it helped the vanished appetite but I bet it would also help the immune system.

Liz

I just ordered the shampoo Lucy. Apparently you can use Selsun Blu too. Same deal. Leave on 15 minutes.

After 1 day on the antibiotics, her belly looks good. No new blisters. Scab on the old. I caught it early! Shanti must think I am nuts. I inspect her with a fine tooth comb daily now, often several times a day. :P

The Girls