Hair Is Gone

Guest mom2maddiebug

Guest mom2maddiebug

Hi all...

My grey wears one of 2Hounds Designs velvet tag collars all the time. I noticed recently though that all of the hair on his neck under his chin... around the adams apple area is gone. He's BALD underneath. Now he also has a bald bum and a completely bald belly. But he did have hair under his neck before that is no longer there. I do see hair on the inside of the collar. Is the collar rubbing his hair off or do you think there may be a medical issue? His thyroid tests were in the normal range so I don't think it's that. It doesn't look sore, but it sure does look strange. Any suggestions to get his hair to grow back?

Thanks,

Andrea

Late summer shedding cycle. Normal. It'll grow back.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sounds pretty normal to me. Some dogs are just baldies. :)

Blood work to check his thyriod wouldn't hurt, but I wouldn't make a special trip to the Vet just for baldness. And I believe there have been no real conclusive evidence that low thyroid causes doggie baldness anyway.

Disco is a baldie and he says Bald is Beautiful!

006831c4-1.jpg

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Disco... what a cute name for such an adorable grey. That is exactly what Abe's neck looks like. OK so he's normal too. Whew. lol

Dessie wants to know if Abe is busy next Saturday night. ;)

IMG_6241.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****