Nutritional Yeast

stlgrey

Well, its two weeks into the new food, and Sierra is turning her nose up at it. We got the diarrhea stopped thankfully. Now its getting her to continue to eat 2 cups a day of sold meals. I am afraid to put any canned with it as it might give her diarrhea again. I have been putting cottage cheese, some rice but sometimes she isn't hungary. I got some nutritional yeast after seeing the post on it a few weeks ago. Any secrets in how to use it? I sprinkled some on her kibble and moistened it. She sniffed it an walk away. My other grey loved it though. I might need to try some chicken brouth? She really needs to gain weight.

I got Emmy to eat her meals with.................are you ready..................mixing her food with Campbell's Chicken & Stars soup. I would add the nutritional yeast and then mix it all up with the soup. Once she started getting the B vitamins in her from the nutritional yeast, her appetite was kick started good and she ate great after that. Instead of water try something like that. We also tried vegetable beef soup but she didn't like that as well.

I forgot to add: I also gave her a little Immodium pill crushed up in her food just in case she got the runs.

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

When I got it for Misty, I didn't want to take the chance that she wouldn't at least try her food so she wouldn't get the taste of the NY. So I added 2 heaping tablespoons in her food and also let her take a lick from my hand. That's all it took for her was to get a taste of it and she was after it! After the first 2 meals with it, she wanted to eat all the time. I'm still using it but have cut back to only 1 of the 2 meals a day. I hope you find a way

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I ordered Nutritional Yeast after seeing it here on Greytalk. I gave the girls a tablespoon full mixed with their kibble and a little warm water this morning and they ate it right up :) I'll see what they do tomorrow :) JillysFullHouse, I do have a question. Do you feed it every meal or just once a day?

gallery_1200_2898_10946.jpg

I used to mix some Healthy Choice soup in Dylan's food.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

I ordered Nutritional Yeast after seeing it here on Greytalk. I gave the girls a tablespoon full mixed with their kibble and a little warm water this morning and they ate it right up :) I'll see what they do tomorrow :) JillysFullHouse, I do have a question. Do you feed it every meal or just once a day?

I used it every meal with Emmy because she needed to gain some weight badly. She was way underweight. I don't think it hurts anything to add it every meal if you have a picky eater. It's nothing but vitamins and low in fat.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Mine didn't like it either. I have a giagundo jar of it in my pantry!!!!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest jettcricket

Cricket doesn't like it either...sigh...I was so hoping that she'd take to it. She can't afford to lose any more weight. :(

Cricket doesn't like it either...sigh...I was so hoping that she'd take to it. She can't afford to lose any more weight. :(

I am so sorry to hear this!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I used it every meal with Emmy because she needed to gain some weight badly. She was way underweight. I don't think it hurts anything to add it every meal if you have a picky eater. It's nothing but vitamins and low in fat.

Thank you :)

gallery_1200_2898_10946.jpg

We all appreciate all of the wonderful resources that the GT community shares!!! I figured my hound wouldn't like it but I tried anyway. She can't loose anymore weight either. At least there is always another source on here to try something else. Thanks so much for posting about the NY, I never heard of it. I am pretty much a vegetarian, so I guess I can add it to my food as I don't get enough of the vitamins I need. We're going try the "sauce" that was posted to see if Miss Picky eats that.