Cosmo Could Use Some Good Thoughts, Please

Tracey

About a week ago Cosmo cut her foot in the backyard (not the pads, but on the back of her foot below the ankle). It bled like a you-know-what but after I had put her in the tub and washed her up I saw the cut was small, only about a 1/2" long. I've been keeping an eye on it, but she was absolutely fine until last night. Around dinner time we noticed she was favoring the foot and by bedtime she wasn't putting any weight on it at all. Her ankle is somewhat swollen and when I touched it last night she yelped. :( I think she must have an infection; I'm hoping that's all it is and not something new and more serious. You can't even see where the cut was anymore, so I don't know what to think. Anyway, I just know she's in a great deal of pain. The doctor I wanted to take her to (the great doctor Sandy referred me to!) can't see her today but he referred me to a different place, so hopefully they will be able to get her fixed up. She has an appt at 2:40. Anyway, we'd appreciate any good thoughts you can spare. Cosmo always seems like such a tough little girl; I hate watching her hop around in pain.

Edited by Tracey

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I hope everything went well at Cosmo's appointment. Did they find an infection? Poor baby girl!

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

We're back and after two xrays the vet agreed it was probably an infection. She's on 14 days of Antirobe and 6 days of Deramaxx. Cosmo did NOT like it there and she has always liked other vets she's been to, even when she's been in pain. They were nice enough, but holy cow, were they expensive. More than that, though, if Cosmo didn't like it there, I'm not taking her back. If the swelling hasn't gone down in a week they want us to bring her back to try and aspirate it, but I'll make an appt with the other vet if I have to do that. Anyway, on the upside, Cosmo enjoyed the car ride. She usually spends them hanging over Jason's shoulder helping him drive, but today she laid on her bed and watched the world go by. On the way back, we went through Mickey D's to get her a cheeseburger to start her pills with and she was VERY happy about that. Thanks for all your good thoughts. I'll keep you updated, but hopefully the antiboitics will do the trick.

BTW, I have to say, those 15 minutes when you're waiting for the results of the x-rays (after the vet tells you she thinks this is likely something more serious than you thought it was) are some of the scariest minutes ever.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Sending prayers that the antibiotics do the trick. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Poor little peanut. Hope she heals up quickly.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Poor Baby, thanks for the update, we will be praying that the antibotic works. :grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter