Back Injury

pepper and i were taking our morning walk this morning on the east hill,having some fun with his ball ,we did not want to go too far, as the weather was a bit showery and thundery,we were making our way home ,when this idiot appeared with a black gsd x,or thats what it looked like off leash. the dog came bounding up to pep ,the owner was smiling,i thought a friendly dog that want to play i was wrong, it went straight into aggressive mode and bit a hole in peps back.the dog had a halti on but surely it should have been on leash or muzzeled.no apolgies from the owner,not even a word when i told him what his dog had done.we were worried about infection and getting pep treated asap.the vet decided not to stitch the wound,but to clean it up ,and give anti inflamatory,antibiotic,pep is now resting .why do these people let dogs like this off leash :angryfiremypictures2008-08-13.jpg

I'd take him in to the vet. Beau had some like that which needed stitches and antibiotics. Hugs to you both.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Poor Pepper. I hope he heals quickly, and you both never see that jerk dog and jerk owner again. I love the Pepper pics you share, he is gorgeous and always looks to be having a blast! :)

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest PiagetsMom

Poor Pepper.......hope he heals quickly! :grouphug

I'm aggravated on a regular basis that I have to worry about MY dogs, who are on leash as they're supposed to be.

Why o why does this need to happen??? I know dogs are dogs but it's the owner's responsibility to handle their dogs especially when meeting other dogs, children, etc. Sorry I shouldn't rant, I have been there before as well.

I hope Pepper heals up well.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Oh no!!! I'm not even going to rant about the dog biting Pepper, that's for another place....so the vet said to just keep it open, clean & gave him antibiotics. Okay that's good. You know with some meds you need to feed them first, my friend Cynde's Dumplin was on some meds that made her sick to her tummy, so be careful with the meds. Oh poor Pepper! Keep me posted!

Guest greyt2love

Poor, poor Pepper. Best hopes for a speedy recovery and no complications !! Miserable people that let their dogs do things like this...no words strong enough can be put in here !!!

Oh poor sweetie. This is so unfair. I would call AC and also try to have the owner pay Pepper's medical bills. Hug Pepper for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest simile

Diego got nipped last week and ended up with a fang hole in his back. It wasn't as big, but it was pretty deep. We cleaned it and put him on antibiotics, but I also bandaged it to keep junk from getting in it and to keep the other dogs from licking it. I slapped a Curad non stick self adhesive gauze pad over the wound, then wrapped vet wrap around his back and over his shoulders, making a kind of vest (he looked pretty sporty ;) ). I'd check and change it every day. The wound could still drain and dry under the pad, and because it was non stick, it didn't reopen every time I changed it. As soon as there was a decent scab, I took all the stuff off. Took three to four days.

Hope Pepper feels better soon! That just looks like no fun at all.

Poor baby. I am so sorry, I hope he feels better real soon. I hope you were able to get the owners information or know where the idiot lives, if it were to get infected, you may have other bills. :bighug:sad1

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest Vinnie

Poor Pepper. I am so sorry that he got bit and it looks so deep. Glad you were able to get into the vet and get antibiotics. Hope he heals quickly with no complications. Sending healing white light, hugs and scritches - will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Guest siamanti

Hello Peter,

I hope Pepper is feeling better. I am so sick and tired of irresponsible owners. I had to keep Jupp on the lead for all the time I owned him because I could not trust him with smaller dogs. Unfortunately, there are so many owners that could not care less about what their dogs are up to and I am so nervous each time a dog charges up to us. I hope that you will challenge this owner next time you see him to pay for your vet bill and to keep his dog on the lead. Mel has told me about a GSD charging up to Miss Sadie before. Maybe this is the same dog and this is just not right.

Anyway, the main thing is that Pepper heals up well!

Best wishes!

Ben

I am so sorry Pepper got hurt in this way. It happens much too often to our greys and it is just not right. Hope beautiful Pepper heals quickly and that you never have another experience like this again.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest TheDoggfather

Not having read any of the comments... if it were me, I'd flush it with water, get it clean, apply some neosporin/triple antibiotic and give it a few weeks to heal up. If you've got some penicillin, maybe a hit of that, too.

Then again, the perspective onthe pic doesn't really lend itself to being aboe to see just how big the wound really is....

Whoops.. okay, now I just read your entire post. I'd go back, find the guy and beat his ass. But, that's just me.

OW. How's he doing today?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

How is Pepper today?
hi hil only just read your post,monday pepper was very unsettled,and miserable,when we took pep for potty walks,he just does his buisiness,and wants to come home as quickly as possible,and was generally down in the dumps.however today he is a lot brighter ,we took pep for a walk on the east hill this evening,and he was back to his old self playing with his ball and generally "looning" around. the wound is drying up despite his best attemps to lick it :rolleyes: i will keep you posted after we have seen the vet thursday.

Guest HoustonGreys

I'm late seeing this and am glad Pepper is feeling better. I hope the vet is pleased with the healing process Thursday and that things continue to go well for Pepper. I'm so sorry this happened. :getwell