Don't Know Whether To Worry

Guest rippasmom

Guest rippasmom

My newest grey, Ozzie, is also my oldest at 10.5. I took him almost 3 months ago and he has been a treasure and a joy. Last Monday he had an episode of "checking out" for 5 minutes. He was a statue and didn't seem to be able to hear or see. When he came out of it he was his usual lovable self. Today my dogsitter called me at work because he had another episode this time while lying down. I had told Michelle about 1st episode. Same symptoms except she noticed a decrease in pulse rate and respiration. When he "came to" she said he seemed a little lethargic but ok. Has anyone else ever had this happen? Any comments or suggestions are much appreciated. All 3 of my dogs wear muzzles when at home alone, so I'm not worried about pack behavior, but I love my old guy and want to do whatever he needs. Here's a picture of my love. Please give feedback!

Kim

2008_0626dogs0011.jpg

I had a poodle that had similar seizures. They stayed minor and rare, but you should get your old fella checked out. If he needs drugs, siezures are at least commonly treatable.

No fun, though.

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest rippasmom

Checked the internet for seizures and read about seizures caused by tick-borne virus. I'll get bloodwork done asap. Thanks for comments. Any other info appreciated.

Kim and Ozzie

William's Mom - I can't remember her GT name :( - has a blog about seizures and her quest with William. It's very informative and helpful.

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Sending my prayers. Please let us know what you find out. What you describe is how our Angel Cody Angelo's began. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sounds like small seizures to me too. Probably easily treatable. I hope so. Please tell us what the vet says.

Gillian
Caesar (Black Caesarfire) and Olly (Oregon) the Galgo

Still missing: Nell (spaniel mix) 1982-1997, Boudicca (JRT) 1986- 2004, and the greys P's Catwalk 2001-2008, Murphy Peabody (we failed fostering) 1998-2010 and Pilgrim (Blazing Leia) 2003-2016,

Guest rippasmom

Update

Ozzie went for bloodwork today. My vet ordered a complete blood panel and tick titer. Possible diagnoses include thyroid, tick borne and the possibility of brain tumor based on age and sudden onset. Hope to get some results tomorrow. Please pray for my boy, he is 70 pounds of pure love and

I want lots more time with him.

Kim

Edited by rippasmom

Sending prayers for your beautiful boy.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest rippasmom

:yayUpdate!

Bloodwork showed a very low thyroid and elevated creatinine, started meds tonight.I'm very thankful for all prayers and good thoughts, hopefully everything is controllable.

Thanks,

Kim :yay:yay

Guest ibeakila
My newest grey, Ozzie, is also my oldest at 10.5. I took him almost 3 months ago and he has been a treasure and a joy. Last Monday he had an episode of "checking out" for 5 minutes. He was a statue and didn't seem to be able to hear or see. When he came out of it he was his usual lovable self. Today my dogsitter called me at work because he had another episode this time while lying down. I had told Michelle about 1st episode. Same symptoms except she noticed a decrease in pulse rate and respiration. When he "came to" she said he seemed a little lethargic but ok. Has anyone else ever had this happen? Any comments or suggestions are much appreciated. All 3 of my dogs wear muzzles when at home alone, so I'm not worried about pack behavior, but I love my old guy and want to do whatever he needs. Here's a picture of my love. Please give feedback!

Kim

2008_0626dogs0011.jpg

Kim

2008_0626dogs0011.jpg

Kim

2008_0626dogs0011.jpg

Kim

2008_0626dogs0011.jpg