Has Anyone Seen Anything Like This?

Guest greytfulhounds

Okay, I had a message from the vet today regarding the cells she aspirated. She said that she could not see anything obvious so she sent the slides out to a pathologist. There were not many cells on the slide but what the pathologist saw was Neutrofilic Hystiocydic Inflammation (I am sure this is not spelled correctly but I tried spelling it the way it sounded) which are inflammatory cells. They said that this type of inflammation is non-specific and usually associated with non-infectious diseases such as a foreign body penetration in the area, trauma or neoplasia (cancer). The vets recommendation is to put Animax Ointment on it 2-3 times a day, for the next 10-14 days and if it has not gone away then remove it completely and biopsy.

So, again we wait.............

Does any of this mean anything to anyone?

Thanks!

This was the same thing my vet said about Carmen when I took her. The spot actually dried up and went away after about a week of putting ointment on it. The ointment we got was actually a liquid but was and antibiotic, wish I could remember the name. It has never returned. Good luck and let us know how the ointment is working.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

• 1 month later...
Guest greytfulhounds

Well, it has been many weeks but I think it is finally safe to say that the ugly red bump is completely gone from Mystery's leg and I am finally breathing a sigh of relief. Thank you all for the advice, good thoughts and prayers for my little guy. :)

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!