Roooooo To You, From North Texas!

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Guest p51crazyhorse

Hello! My name is Holly and I live in north Texas about 40 miles from Dallas. I have two greyt kids Cabot (Cabot) and Stremer (Xtreme Le Grumpy). I am also a Foster mom for GALT-the Greyhound Adoption League of Texas. I love fostering and usually deal with the greys that need special care, whether they have a cast from a broken leg or need to put on a few pounds, heartworm treatments or tick borne disease treatments etc. I am a stay at home mom so I am able to give them the attention they need!!!

My first Grey is Cabot, we have had him for almost 5 months now, and Streamer came second, he was actually one of my fosters (the second one :) we managed to not fail our first foster....) He had his tail amputated so I am happy to not get popped in the rear by 2 rapidly wagging tails haha. So far we have had 3 long term fosters, Sunshine, Streamer (you know how that went...) and Daddy Duke who we still have currently. He is going thru heartworm treatment. our temporary fosters have included Deuce, Bogan, Santa Fe, Gus and Lexi. We have a fenced in acre around our house so all the greys have a blast racing around chasing eachother and my mini schnauzer Brody. He is a tough little thing!!! I also have a daughter named Emma who is 3 and my husbands' name is Jason, he thinks I am crazy to foster so many dogs but I think secretly he really really enjoys it deep down..... I think he gets dog overload.

Well I look forward to talking with everyone!!! and I welcome any questions!!

Hi Holly!! It was great meeting you last night. Lexi is doing well ;) a lot of the siggies are done by another GTer on here. She does them for a donation to her group.

Talk to you soon. Have fun.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest PiagetsMom
hey Piagetsmom-where is everyone getting those neat signatures like yours? I want one!!!!

I begged a fellow GreyTalker to make one for me before I knew that GIJenn51 periodically does them for donations:

GIJenn51 signature thread

You won't be able to PM her until you have 50 posts, but you can send her an e-mail through her profile. Click on her name in the above thread and it will take you there.

Edited by PiagetsMom

Guest p51crazyhorse

Hey girl!!!! Lexi is getting along with everyone? how does your husband feel? (sorry I cant remember names very well.....)

thanks Piagetsmom!

Guest greytloves

Hello from Tyler!

My bridge angel, Jo came from a breeder over in Greenville! We just drove by with our old bridge girl, Susie Q, saw his sign and stopped by, he fell in love with Susie and gave us Jo so she would have a friend! Nicest man.

I always have a nice warm fuzzy feeling when I think of Greenville now.

Here's Lexi's Thread

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest p51crazyhorse

hey Beth-looks like I am going to pick up another temp foster today! perfect timing with Lexi huh? I was going to have to take Rusa but now it looks like Slick needs a foster till sunday! Rusa was moved to a new foster so she wont be coming to me. I can still get Lexi if you need me to though.

Guest p51crazyhorse

my grandfather lives in tyler greytloves! I am just a little west of Greenville actually. Sounds like a nice guy you found!

Guest greytloves

Well, then if you are ever out this way, let me know we have quite a few greyhound peeps over here that LOVE an excuse to go out to eat and talk about our hounds!

I believe Mr Sumrow is now passed, he was a nice man that really loved his hounds.

Guest p51crazyhorse

Greytloves I may take you up on that sometime! I love to see all the people from Texas on here! anyone here who has adopted from GALT???

Guest greytloves

There are a ton of people who adopted from GALT on here, along with GU.

I love both groups, but our meet n greets in Tyler are sponsored by GU.

Guest GreytMuse

Great to see you show up here (this is Courtney!) :) We loved having your beautiful family come join us for the evening at the playgroup. Please come back!!

Edited to add (because obviously my comprehension is awful...): Beth, you all adopted Lexi???!!! :colgate

Edited by GreytMuse

Guest p51crazyhorse

we had a blast!!! Streamer was a loverdog!!! he couldnt get enough attention!!! I will be back-just not every weekend, we live a ways away. Glad you found me on here! Beth is still on trial mode i think but Lexi seems to be working out! I am so excited for all of them!

• 1 month later...
Guest mattbta

Hi Holly! We're up in Frisco and volunteer/foster for GALT as well. You may know my wife, Lindsay.

I see you have Daddy Duke. We had the pleasure of fostering Diamond Jim for a week until he succumbed to distemper. It outright enrages me that the owner had those dogs in such deplorable conditions and did not vaccinate them. I'm glad Daddy Duke and topaz were able to pull through.

Here's a couple pics of him -- looks just like his daddy.

IMG_0068.JPG

IMG_0076.JPG

With McKenzie, who now has a forever home:

IMG_0074s.JPG

Cheers!

Guest p51crazyhorse

oh! these are pictures that I have not seen! he is so beautiful..... he has his daddys freckles.... and those front legs!!! just Like Dukes', he is built like a tank and is a big boy!! I cant believe anyone could be so neglectful.

Daddy Duke and Topaz- now named Byng, were supposed to get together for a photo shoot a few weeks back but then Byng broke her leg and we had to cancel. wouldnt that have been a tearjerker after all their family had been thru? there is still time though.

I would love to see more pics of Jim, my email is p51crazyhorse@yahoo.com if you would like to send them to me that way, or post them here- I am sure everyone would love to see puppy pics!