Need Advice Please......young Healthy Grey Suddenly Very Ill

Guest daseff

Guest Vinnie

I am a little confused by some of the different posts but it sounds like you are getting some answers and that she is on meds to help control the pain. I hope you get more definitive info and that she continues to be comfortable. Please keep us posted once you get more info. Hugs to you and scritches to Bina, we will keep her in our prayers.

*bumping just in case someone new has some ideas*

For those who have not met her, Bina is a Golden Retriever in a Greyhound suit. Full of energy, loving, friendly, just a wonderful full of life young lady.

Edited by kudzu

Checking for an update and hoping your pupper is comfortable. I too would want her at home.

If Athens vet school is anything like U of Wisc., it might be worth having them review her case. The vet schools have usually seen every weird, hard-to-diagnose thing under the sun and may be able to help.

Sending hugs and gentle scritchies to your babe.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest paulamariez

I'm adding your precious girl Bina to my prayer list. Praying for a complete and quick recovery, even if it takes a miracle! Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending Bina some healing doggie kisses too!

Guest daseff

Thank you everyone for your care and concern! :colgate

She is at home recouping, doing much better than a week or so ago. But still having trouble walking, standing and going out to bathroom without falling over. Her weight is down so much, I don't even know what it is, but her muscles are so atrophied and slowly I am fattening her back up with canned rabbit meat which she loves! :rolleyes:

For some reason she is totally afraid to go out on a "walk" in the front yard. Obviously I'm not taking her on a normal walk, I just thought that with my assistance we could go into the front yard so she could start to feel like things are back to normal, look around at something different to perk her up. She is excited to get out in the front and then will turn around on the porch and come back in like she is afraid, which she never did before. So I'm not sure what that is all about.....maybe she thinks that going that way means going to the vet office? :unsure

Distemper testing came back negative, as did all the other tests. So I am still trying to get GVS to send the records to Dr. Vilar at OSU to review and give me his opinion. I really need and want to know what her prognosis is and what I should expect. The neurologist at GVS said she could live for a few months or a few years.....I kind of need some more information than that, especially when after all this testing we still don't know what caused the meningitis (spinal cord inflammation).

Thanks again!

Danielle and Bina and teddy.

GVS is an excellent resource. I don't know that UGA could do any more than GVS.

Good luck with your baby - I hope she continues to get better.

Lexi the pointeresque mutt (1999), Homer the chi mix (2010) and Lacey the ? (2009). Always remembering Dita, Best, Oba, Bubba, and the others at the bridge.