Vinnie - It's Been 2 Years 4/27/06 - 6/27/08

Guest Vinnie

Guest Vinnie

Today will be 2 years since our Angel Vinnie went to the Bridge at the age of 14 months exactly due to osteosarcoma (I hate cancer). I can close my eyes and see that day and the scene replays over and over in my head of not wanting to let him go (so selfish, I know) and of knowing that it was his time and he was needed elsewhere. Not a day goes by that we don't miss him or think what he would be like now. Having brought home his sister, Gracie, we have a good idea of what he would have been like. And now that we have his cousin, Baby Gus with us, it reminds us of all the happiness that he brought, not just to our hearts, but to so many others as well.

I would never change the little time we had with him for the world. He was my heart and soul boy. He always made me laugh and smile - he loved kisses and hugs and to parade in the office every morning with a stuffy in his mouth with his Uncle Higgins right behind him. Now we have a three way parade but there are times I can see a fourth right there behind them, with a big smile on his face, his head in the air and his piggy curly q tail held high in the air like a flag flying in the wind. He was so very happy no matter what he was going through. He even loved the mailman, Joel, who also shares a birthday with our Angel and his sister Gracie.

He touched so many lives. We came to GT because we were looking for answers and solutions to help us with our forever puppy and this awful disease that should not have been attacking an 11 month old puppy - and find them we did. So many of you reached out with advice and suggestions and most of all with friendship and compassion. We could never have made the decisions we did without you all there to help and support us and we can never thank you all enough. It gave us an extra 3 months with him, the chance to let him live life to it's fullest, to let him know he was loved and for us to say good bye.

That day was one of the hardest in my life until now. There is always a reason for things to happen, to help you along the way when you will need it most and it must have been the reason that we went through this awful disease with our sweet, sweet Angel. Over the past few days, I have been taken right back to that day that our sweet Angel was diagnosed with osteo as my mother went through tests and is still in the hospital now with the diagnosis of Stage 4 Lung Cancer. I feel like my heart has been ripped out again and still can't catch my breath.

So I have asked our sweet Angel to watch over my Mom and to wait for her when the time is right. I know he will guide her and take care of her until we all meet again. And we will enjoy the time we have with her and Vinnie's sister and cousin will take care of her and watch her while she is still enjoying her life here with us. I know I will lean heavily on them when that day comes, just as I know she will be safe with our Angel at that same time.

Life is just a series of challenges which, if we are brave enough, we will meet face first just like my hero, my heart and soul, our forever puppy, Vinnie. I only hope that I can be as strong for my mother as he was for me. He never once complained that it was too much. After we amputated, he got up and showed us that he could fly, and fly he did, with the help of so many GT'ers, including his special Auntie Beth, and long time friends like BevD, Nancy B and so, so, so many others. So please take a moment and hug your houndies for us, and please say a little prayer for both my mom and our very special Angel, Vinnie. We miss you sweet boy and know we will see you again at the Rainbow Bridge. Oh, and thanks for passing your love of the scrunchy onto Baby Gus, I knew from the moment we saw him that you had picked him out special for us. We love and miss you.

Here are a couple of shots of our sweet Angel, Vinnie - 4/27/05 - 6/27/06 - age 14 months:

with Auntie Beth from GT:

2006-06-23142.jpg

Flying High:

2006-06-23242.jpg

Hugging My Boy, Steven:

2006-07-11247.jpg

A kiss for Daddy:

2006-07-11285.jpg

Smiling pretty:

2006-07-11296.jpg

Our Family on 6/27/06 - just before Vinnie went to the Bridge (one last hug for Mama):

2006-07-11324.jpg

Waiting for Mama and showing my pearly whites:

2006-04-21156-asmiletomeltyourheart.jpg

Diagnosed at 11 mos and taking the first measures against osteo with a smile on his face:

2006-04-21446-hereslookingatyou.jpg

If you would like to see more of our sweet Angel, Vinnie - I have a photo album of him (mostly after his fight for osteo began so some surgery pix) that you are welcome to view at: http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm16/bo...nnie/?start=all and hope to add more from before the osteo.

Thank you for helping us remember our very special boy.

Edited by Vinnie

Guest longdogs

I know how you feel. It's a wrench every time someone says to me, 'Didn't you used to have two other dogs?' or 'What happened to the tiger dog?' They become a big part of our lives and we never adjust to their passing.

Guest greyt2love

What a beautiful boy Vinnie was , and so loved !! I hope Baby Gus brings you all the pure puppy joy that must have been offset by worry with Vinnie when he was that age ! And I see that Vinnie had a spotty tummy, just like Marlee !! So cute !

what a happy boy! I love the huggers and kissers :wub: a beautiful angel :grouphug

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

I followed Vinnie's story and was just heartsick. This disease is horrible at any age...but Angel Vinnie was just way too young. I remember thinking that God must have called him so that he could watch over all of the Angel puppies. He waits for his family and he will wait for your Mom. My heart and prayers are with you. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Can't believe it's been two years already; I remember that day so well. Sweet Angel Vinnie--send your family some kisses; I think they could use them.

Special thoughts for your mom, too, of course.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

:( This is just so very sad and my heart goes out to you.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Guest JillinMichigan

I'm so sorry that Vinnie was taken at such a young age, definitely not fair!! Praying that your mom is getting the best care possible and does not suffer unnecessarily. Try to hang in there, although it must be very hard right now....

Guest Vinnie
What a beautiful boy Vinnie was , and so loved !! I hope Baby Gus brings you all the pure puppy joy that must have been offset by worry with Vinnie when he was that age ! And I see that Vinnie had a spotty tummy, just like Marlee !! So cute !

I think Vinnie, Marlee and Gus should start a spotted tummy club! Thanks for helping us remember our sweet Angel. Nosey kisses from Gus to Marlee and scritches for the rest of your gang too.

I followed Vinnie's story and was just heartsick. This disease is horrible at any age...but Angel Vinnie was just way too young. I remember thinking that God must have called him so that he could watch over all of the Angel puppies. He waits for his family and he will wait for your Mom. My heart and prayers are with you. :grouphug

I like to think he takes all the new Angel puppies under his wing and shows them all the ropes, comforts them and guides them until it's time for them to be back with their families again. He loved so much - humans, puppies, kitties - didn't really matter to him. Thanks for helping us remember him - then & now.

And to all who followed his story back then and who helped us remember him today, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. And thank you also for the prayers for my mom, we appreciate each and every one of them. Hug your houndies for us.

Edited by Vinnie

Today will be 2 years since our Angel Vinnie went to the Bridge at the age of 14 months exactly due to osteosarcoma (I hate cancer). I can close my eyes and see that day and the scene replays over and over in my head of not wanting to let him go (so selfish, I know) and of knowing that it was his time and he was needed elsewhere. Not a day goes by that we don't miss him or think what he would be like now. Having brought home his sister, Gracie, we have a good idea of what he would have been like. And now that we have his cousin, Baby Gus with us, it reminds us of all the happiness that he brought, not just to our hearts, but to so many others as well.

I would never change the little time we had with him for the world. He was my heart and soul boy. He always made me laugh and smile - he loved kisses and hugs and to parade in the office every morning with a stuffy in his mouth with his Uncle Higgins right behind him. Now we have a three way parade but there are times I can see a fourth right there behind them, with a big smile on his face, his head in the air and his piggy curly q tail held high in the air like a flag flying in the wind. He was so very happy no matter what he was going through. He even loved the mailman, Joel, who also shares a birthday with our Angel and his sister Gracie.

He touched so many lives. We came to GT because we were looking for answers and solutions to help us with our forever puppy and this awful disease that should not have been attacking an 11 month old puppy - and find them we did. So many of you reached out with advice and suggestions and most of all with friendship and compassion. We could never have made the decisions we did without you all there to help and support us and we can never thank you all enough. It gave us an extra 3 months with him, the chance to let him live life to it's fullest, to let him know he was loved and for us to say good bye.

That day was one of the hardest in my life until now. There is always a reason for things to happen, to help you along the way when you will need it most and it must have been the reason that we went through this awful disease with our sweet, sweet Angel. Over the past few days, I have been taken right back to that day that our sweet Angel was diagnosed with osteo as my mother went through tests and is still in the hospital now with the diagnosis of Stage 4 Lung Cancer. I feel like my heart has been ripped out again and still can't catch my breath.

So I have asked our sweet Angel to watch over my Mom and to wait for her when the time is right. I know he will guide her and take care of her until we all meet again. And we will enjoy the time we have with her and Vinnie's sister and cousin will take care of her and watch her while she is still enjoying her life here with us. I know I will lean heavily on them when that day comes, just as I know she will be safe with our Angel at that same time.

Life is just a series of challenges which, if we are brave enough, we will meet face first just like my hero, my heart and soul, our forever puppy, Vinnie. I only hope that I can be as strong for my mother as he was for me. He never once complained that it was too much. After we amputated, he got up and showed us that he could fly, and fly he did, with the help of so many GT'ers, including his special Auntie Beth, and long time friends like BevD, Nancy B and so, so, so many others. So please take a moment and hug your houndies for us, and please say a little prayer for both my mom and our very special Angel, Vinnie. We miss you sweet boy and know we will see you again at the Rainbow Bridge. Oh, and thanks for passing your love of the scrunchy onto Baby Gus, I knew from the moment we saw him that you had picked him out special for us. We love and miss you.

Here are a couple of shots of our sweet Angel, Vinnie - 4/27/05 - 6/27/06 - age 14 months:

with Auntie Beth from GT:

2006-06-23142.jpg

Flying High:

2006-06-23242.jpg

Hugging My Boy, Steven:

2006-07-11247.jpg

A kiss for Daddy:

2006-07-11285.jpg

Smiling pretty:

2006-07-11296.jpg

Our Family on 6/27/06 - just before Vinnie went to the Bridge (one last hug for Mama):

2006-07-11324.jpg

Waiting for Mama and showing my pearly whites:

2006-04-21156-asmiletomeltyourheart.jpg

Diagnosed at 11 mos and taking the first measures against osteo with a smile on his face:

2006-04-21446-hereslookingatyou.jpg

If you would like to see more of our sweet Angel, Vinnie - I have a photo album of him (mostly after his fight for osteo began so some surgery pix) that you are welcome to view at: http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm16/bo...nnie/?start=all and hope to add more from before the osteo.

Thank you for helping us remember our very special boy.

:cry1 What a lovely rememberance.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Sweet Vinnie. He did touch many lives. He'll live on in the memory of GTers forever.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

I had terrs running down my eyes reading this, you can just see the love that he had for your family, bless his heart as sick as he was on the day around he had to be put to sleep he still jumped up to give mommy that last hug. Bless you all for making his short years on earth very happy ones. I am so so sorry. I lost my Champ 10-days after he got a dental, we never knew it was going to be our last days with him. I know you are never prepared, it all still hurts the same. :bighug :bighug :bighug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter