Checking Up On Emmy

Judy, I've been thinking about Emmy and you all week. How is she doing? And the other pups? And you and Mike? Hope everything is going ok.

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

It's been a horrible roller coaster ride this week. Extreme highs and lows. I've been posting in my blog daily and you can see how it's been going there. I just don't have the strength to write it all down again. Today was a better day but we think Emmy has some other health issues to deal with. Thank you all for caring so much. It helps.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I only see one blog entry too. I've been checking it everyday because I know it's easier to write things down once than it is to answer everyone's individual questions. You're all still in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry guys, I guess I forgot to publish them and now they're out of order. If you want to read them in order here is the order I wrote them in.

Life With Emmy

She's Totally Blind Now

A Little Loss Of Confidence

The Day Started Wonderfully And Then....

Slowly But Surely

Success!

Am I Doing The Right Thing

What A Difference Sleep Makes

Appointment Wednesday Afternoon

Starting with the next entry which I will probably make tomorrow they should be in order after that. Sleep deprivation, my only excuse. :blush

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Judy I just read your blog so I could catch up. We had a girl come through the kennel a couple of years ago, a broodie, who had the green snot and boogers you mentioned. She had a severe sinus infection and our vet put her on zithromax (I took zithromax when I had pneumonia so that's some hardcore stuff) but that did the trick. Antibiotics that we tried before that didn't do anything for her. Sounds like Emmy's been feeling cruddy and that's why she was choosing to just rest and take it easy. I hope she's feeling better soon.

IMO you are doing right by her by helping her learn how to get around being blind. It sounds like she's making good progress and will continue to do so, especially once the snotty booger problem is resolved. I think she will adapt in time, but it's going to take a while.

I bet your house sounds very *festive* now with all of your sleigh bells jingling! :lol

:grouphug Emmy, Judy, & Mike :grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Bless everybody's hearts!!! Judy, thanks so much for taking the time to post your blog entries. We're all pulling for Emmy and can't wait for the next installment!

Judy I have only been on GT for a short time and dont even have my grey yet but I have been following Emmy's journey and have been thinking and praying for her and you everyday. It probably doesnt help much but just wanted you to know I am thinking of both of you. :grouphug:grouphug

We are still praying for Emmy, and we try to stay update, We are also reading the blogs, bless both of your hearts. Sending lots of Hugs..... Know we will also continue to pray for you all. :bighug:bighug:bighug:bighug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest boondog

I just finished getting updated on your blog. I continue to pray for all of you. The thought of all the bells made me smile.

Guest MnMDogs

I really can't imagine how frightening it is for Emmy. If you haven't already, definitely pick up "living with blind dogs". It has a section on the condition Emmy has which caused the sudden blindness, and it's reassuring to read about the progress the dogs have made with it.

I just saw that you ordered the book. It will be very helpful for you to get through this.

Edited by MnMDogs

Thanks for the update Judy. Positive thoughts continue for Emmy. Hugs for everyone. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

ETA:

Would your vet be willing to give her antibiotics without seeing her first?

Edited by Greylover97

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

Guest KyGrey

Judy, you and the family have been on my mind. Your family to me consists of not just you, Mike and Kevin but all of the dogs too. It's a lot that you have had to deal with in such a short time. Know that if I could send strength on a gentle breeze I would send it your way.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Guest VelvetEars

Thanks for the updates (pupdates?). She's going to be okay. I promise. Just take things one day at a time. Talk to her. Reassure her that you're doing all you can to help her, but it's going to be a learning process for both of you. Some days will go better than others. Some days it will seem like two steps forward and ten steps back. It's harder for her because it was so sudden, but she will adjust. Think of her like a brand new foster dog. You'll have to help her learn routines, where things are, and where she can find the "safe spots". And just like a new dog, her personality will (re)emerge when she is comfortable.

So many hugs for all of you.....

{{{{{{{{{{Judy}}}}}}}}}}

You and Mike are tough people, and Emmy's a tough girl. Early days yet. Hope the nose boogers are nothing much.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

It breaks my heart to hear that things are not going well right now. I hope that the doctor is able to give her medication to clear up whatever is bothering her. If it's sinus, she may be having trouble hearing and just feeling really blah. I had that same problem last week and felt well... blah.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire gang. How is Andy doing?

:grouphug

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

It breaks my heart to hear that things are not going well right now. I hope that the doctor is able to give her medication to clear up whatever is bothering her. If it's sinus, she may be having trouble hearing and just feeling really blah. I had that same problem last week and felt well... blah.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire gang. How is Andy doing?

:grouphug

Andy is being a real trooper, bless his heart. He sticks pretty close to Emmy all the time and now that he has a bell, she can find him when she needs to.

Just finished reading your blog and felt the highs and lows right along with you. I cried over your agony about not knowing if you were doing the right thing and laughed at the thought of the pack jingling in their bells. :bighug to you and the family.

Everyday-4.jpg