Bailey's In Trouble (2)

Guest WCorder

Guest WCorder

I'd like to thank all of you for your support this past horrible month. Especially for the advice that Tramadol sometimes causes tremors. Once we took Bailey off that, she was in much less pain.

Thank you to the moderator who helped me with the other forum posting. I couldn't manage to edit my words, so the moderator deleted a post at my request - that's why it is locked. Thank you.

I waited to hear from Bailey's vet all day yesterday. By the time I was rushing home, I'd changed my mind about putting her down. I was going to gather all her records and go to yet another doctor. But I can't do that. As much as I'd safety proofed the basement, when I got home Bailey was laying against the refrigerator, uncomfortably on top of a pair of shoes, covered in mess. She'd thrown up in her bed, and had that yellow bile on her face. She'd slipped and fallen in and on a bowel movement, knocking over her water bowl, so she had that and urine all over her back leg and rump. And the only reason she would have been laying where she was, probably is because she fell again.

I can't lock her in the crate. DH won't allow it. He's often right. She's so unstable she could fall and get her leg broken.

It doesn't matter. I'm ashamed that I've let her suffer for so long. No one will ever know a better friend.

Tonight, the doctor is coming to put her down. She'll take her with her. We'll have her cremated.

Thank you again for all your kindness.

Wade

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LUVMYBABIES

It is very hard to let them go even when you know it is time. May she have a peaceful journey and may you know that she is going with all the love you can give her. You both are in our thoughts and prayers.

Shannon

I'm sorry your weren't able to find a way to make her better. You tried and that's all you can do. I know I kept hoping for a better day for my CoCo and waited too long to let her go. It's so hard to know when you've tried all you can.

I'm so very sorry that you've both gone through all of this. I will be thinking of Bailey this afternoon as she gains her new wings. I think you're doing the right thing to let her go--the hardest and bravest thing, too.

:grouphug

DD

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

I am so sorry. Know that we hold you in our hearts and prayers. Our Angels will be there to meet Bailey. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest vahoundlover

:cry1 As I read this the tears are flowing....flowing for the love you and Bailey have shared, flowing because you can't make her better......you and your DH have tried SO hard. Flowing because I know the heart ache....would never wish it on anyone. Flowing because the final act of love is knowing when to let go....

My prayers are with you and Bailey, hoping for a peaceful passing :grouphug:grouphug

There's no shame, ever, in making a choice out of love for your dog.

Give her a kiss for me and tell her she is beautiful, OK?

God be with you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest trevdog

I'm sorry to hear this.....you have done all you can to help her and she knows that.....now you have to help her one last time....

Guest LadyChester

It is such a difficult decision but you know your girl and what is best for her. Praying for a peaceful passage to the Bridge and comfort for you and your family.

Guest Winterwish

I'm so sorry you're each going thru' this and I know it's so sad and difficult. Sending prayers for a peaceful day with your precious girlie Bailey. :grouphug:gh_child:grouphug

Edited by Winterwish

Guest shelbygirl07

I'm sorry you had to make that decision. I wish you peace and comfort in this time of need. Bailey knows you love her and you know she loves you so keep that in your heart and it will always be there when you need it most.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest greytloves

She was a lucky girl to have you.

May she have a peaceful passing and may you be comforted in knowing you gave her this peace.

Guest Carla

I am sorry to read your post.

Bailey knows how hard you tried to make her better. Please give her a gentle hug from me. By letting her go, you are giving her the best gift you possibly can -- freedom from pain. I know how hard it is to say goodbye. Remember Bailey will always be with you in spirit.

Sending prayers that her passing is peaceful.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Guest ss556

I'm so sorry. This has been a terrible ordeal for you and Bailey. She KNOWS your love and that you did all you can for her. May she have a peaceful passing - she will always be with you. What a beautiful girl. God bless all of you.

Guest EmilyAnne

Your doing the right thing, today is a good day for Bailey, because she will finally be released from her painful body. I dont believe their spirits ever die, just their bodies.

Try your best to take good care of yourself. Stress can make a person very sick, and you and your husband are in desperate need of TLC. Eat well, take vitamins, go for walks, take Tylenol PM if you cant sleep, etc. All of us here at Greytalk are here for you. There is a lot of love here. :grouphug