Sunny ~ Improving Again Update Post #26

June 7th Update: Must have jinxed him with the positive update a couple of days ago. :( Got up this morning to discover that Sunny's leg was reddened, hot and swollen, with seepage from the lower hock area. :eek Called the specialty vet and got him in this morning for an exam. The surgeon fortunately was there and able to take a look. He says it's not uncommon to have swelling occur, and has put the Noodle back on Clavamox for 4 weeks. After getting home and getting a meal into him and the meds, he's resting quietly and the wound has stopped seeping. Poor lil' booger. Please send him positive healing thoughts and prayers for his highest good. :hope

Sunny, the high desert rescue youngster (2) is making good progress! Surgeon was happy with his 4-week post surgery x-rays of the leg and his cast is now off permanently. He's got about 5 small pressure sores that need to get healed up, so still has to be watched carefully, and/or wear an e-collar to limit Mr. Licky Lou. Am doing range of motion therapy on the leg, since his joints are quite stiff. All in all, I'm very encouraged! :yay We'll return for a recheck in 2 weeks, have repeat x-rays around the 4th of July, and hopefully he'll then be ready to attempt stairs. Once he can do stairs, he's got a lovely adopter who's anxious to bring him home. :D

Sunny without the cast... in a lovely Bite Not collar and baby sock :blink:

IMGP0104.JPG

His favorite pillow... Finn's fanny :P

IMGP0105.JPG

Edited by iluvgreys

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest Vinnie
:wub: :wub: :wub: Sunny! So glad to hear he has his cast off. I'll bet his new home is very excited too. What wonderful news and love the pix, especially the pillow shot. :lol :lol

:yay:yay:yay Such great news. This guy is such a doll. I know you have fosters in and out but I would think this one is going to be tough for you to let go of. I'm so happy to hear he'll have a forever home when he's ready. Do you think his adopter will keep in touch? PLEASE give him a very bog hug from us

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

but I would think this one is going to be tough for you to let go of. I'm so happy to hear he'll have a forever home when he's ready. Do you think his adopter will keep in touch?

He stole my heart immediately and will be hard to say goodbye to. :( However, I know at his new home, he'll be spoiled rotten and will have a great life. :) Yes, I'm sure we'll keep in touch. :colgate

....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven

Awwww....such a precious baby! Heal swiftly sweetie. :wub:

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest FordRacingRon
but I would think this one is going to be tough for you to let go of. I'm so happy to hear he'll have a forever home when he's ready. Do you think his adopter will keep in touch?

He stole my heart immediately and will be hard to say goodbye to. :( However, I know at his new home, he'll be spoiled rotten and will have a great life. :) Yes, I'm sure we'll keep in touch. :colgate

I am so very happy for this outcome I can't wipe the :colgate off of my face !!! Is the adopter the lady fomr the picnic and if so,,I am so happy for her I have to :colgate:colgate:colgate:colgate !!!!

Is the adopter the lady fomr the picnic and if so,,I am so happy for her I have to :colgate:colgate:colgate:colgate !!!!

Yep! :D Thanks for your help in connecting us! :)

:yay:yay:thumbs-up Way to heal up Sunny!! I'm so glad he didn't have to lose that leg.

He is one handsome boy. :wub::wub: You know that when he goes to his forever home, we'll need piccies, right? ;):P

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

See update at post #1 :(

Oh baby...feel better soon. Sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:ohno As if this poor guy hasn't been through enough. Hoping for a quick recovery. This poor guy deserves nothing but the best

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Darn :( .....I hope the swelling goes down soon and he heals up quickly.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest Vinnie

Hurry and heal, Hurry and heal, Hurry and heal ...... and the chant goes on ......

Poor baby can't catch a break it seems. Hope he feels better soon - he has a forever home to get to - woohoo!

Sending lots of healing thoughts and prayers.