Can You Spare Some Prayers For My Sweet Abby Girl?

Guest formercatlady

ER vet just called. Abby is very groggy so they want to keep her overnight to make sure she comes out of the anesthesia fine. The vet said it is a pretty bad injury...her pad was sliced straight through to the bone :( She has three layers of sutures, and a splint that she'll have to wear for 3-4 weeks. Then therapaws. She is my unlucky baby. She broke a toe on the other front foot last spring.

I can most likely pick her up in the early morning. Thanks to all for your prayers :)

Holy cow, Kimberly, what did she step on, a steak knife? Poor girl!

Hope she's home very soon and on the mend. :grouphug

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest KRKWMU

Yikes! Poor Abby. I hope she'll be home sometime today and that will make her feel better. :wub: Keep us updated on how she's doing.

Guest Snowy8

Ohmygosh...bless her heart! You spoil that girl really good when she gets home! Geez

I wonder if she stepped on a broken bottle in the water...good grief. I'm glad you were with her!!! Keep us posted & ya'll are on my prayer list for a quick recovery! :beatheart

Guest AussieWilma

Miss Wilma is sending Abby lots of sweet puppy kisses and hoping that her paw heals really quickly.

Miss Wilma has torn off 3 toenails over the years and we couldn't believe the amount of blood involved - any paw injury is frightening! She healed well and we're sure Abby will too - she will be doing her favourite things before you know it.

Takes lots of care of yourselves.

Natalie, Gavin & Wilma

Guest formercatlady

Who friggin knows around here <_<

:confetti She's home and resting on my bed, where she belongs.

I guess I'll be in really good shape after this. She can't do stairs so I'll be carrying her up and down since she wants to be upstairs. :P Tell me why I have a hard time lifting a 40 lb bag of food, but no problem carrying her at 65 lbs :huh

Thank you all...

Who friggin knows around here <_<

:confetti She's home and resting on my bed, where she belongs.

I guess I'll be in really good shape after this. She can't do stairs so I'll be carrying her up and down since she wants to be upstairs. :P Tell me why I have a hard time lifting a 40 lb bag of food, but no problem carrying her at 65 lbs :huh

Thank you all...

Just be careful of your back!

Scritches and hugs to you pretty girl.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending hugs and get well wishes from Pittsburgh.

Feet boo boos are so scarey. Softee who has had nail bed infections bled profusely and scared me half to death and the same with ripped toenails. Softee ended up with an amputation of the toe nail that was always getting infected. Edited by 6greyhounds

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Glad to hear she is home. Foot injuries are a problem. Try to get an IV bag for a cast or wound cover. They work the best.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

good covers for feet boo boos are the plastic newspaper sleeves and we also covered the boo boo with a baby sock while in the house and when they went outside it was also covered with the newspaper sleeves.

Still praying for a speedy recovery

Guest formercatlady

I got some baby socks, and tried newspapers sleeves. I have found though that bubble wrap works great too! I didn't see the post about the IV bag until after we got home, but I'll ask her regular vet when I take her for a bandage change on Wednesday.

She's doing really well. Thankfully she loves her crate, so I've been keeping her in it quite a bit. I stayed home with her today b/c I just couldn't bear to leave her. :blush

Try these balloon booties. Missile had a back leg injury in the winter that I needed to keep bandaged and dry - his nails eventually went through the newspaper baggie and saran wrap, so I put that on first, followed by a bootie. The IV fluid thingy seems way too thick, but I haven't used it. The booties were EXCELLENT! I got him the XL size so that he had room to maneuver in them, but they stayed pretty snug around the paw.

http://www.gollygear.com/pawz.htm?gclid=CI...CFQMUGgodkFUziQ

Missile.jpg

BABY, HE WAS BORN TO RUN!

We only used the sleeve when they went out and I have a zillion of them so it did not matter how many I used and in wet weather we double bagged her foot. Our vet loved the idea and thanked us up and down when we left a bunch for him