For Those Who Did Acupuncture

Guest ss556

Guest ss556

for your greys - did anyone have the experience that their grey got worse before they got better? How many treatments did it take to see improvements? Alan's current problem is rear leg weakness, knuckling, stumbling. 1st treatment = nothing; 2nd treatment = he was bouncing around in a good way; 3rd treatment = lethargic for most of the week.

Chancy went through several acupuncture treatments for her LS. It always helped, sometimes more than others, but it never made her worse.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Tanner had acupuncture for 6 weeks. First session, I didn't see any improvement, but after the second time it did help and continued to help. He went once a week for the 6 weeks.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Icarus' treatments always made him feel better. He'd be extra tired for a couple days after, but his pain was better. His were a combo of Chiro and Acupuncture.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

Yep, mention it to the vet, he may have to stick in some "support needles" (as I lovingly named them)

There's areas on the body that can be stuck (for lack of a better term) that help support liver kidney and immune function etc. The vet may need to focus on a certain point to help his "punkiness"

Sugar felt better right away, and I never saw a bad reaction, but sometimes it does seem make her tired for a day or two.

As an aside, she also has heart problems and the vet has hit a few heart points each time (as well as "pee points" for her incontinence :rolleyes: ) When she went to her cardiologist in March, her enlarged heart had actually shrunk a bit. Enough that he reduced the dosage on her meds :yay:yay

I don't know what else it could have been, if not the acupuncture :dunno . I know acupuncture doesn't work for everyone, but it sure has helped Sugar!

Dr Donato told me as I believe she told you, that sometimes it gets worse before it gets better, but I would let her know he seems to have gootn worse after #3.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest ss556

I did mention it to her. She didn't seem to think that his being lethargic was due to the acupuncture, a little tired for a day, maybe. She thinks that maybe he has more pain due to the weather. We certainly don't know for sure. But interestingly, while holding Alan's head while she puts the needles in, I felt something under his neck, by the collar. We checked it out and yes, it was a tick. A dog tick, so she removed it. She said dog ticks can feed and drop off - if Alan continues to be lethargic, he may have to be tested for TBD as maybe he had a tick before. I have to call my vet tomorrow about Frontline.

You can get it online A LOT A LOT A LOT Cheaper!!!!! Email me if you want to get some prices or check out my thread asking about it about 2-3 weeks ago. I got 2 packages of 6 for 95.00 including shipping!!!!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest vahoundlover

Yes, maybe a TBD panel would be a good thing. Quite possible there is more than one thing going on. Keeping your sweet boy in my prayers. Boss gets *supportive* needles.

The cheapest place to buy Frontline that I've found is deadfleaz. Just got 3 6paks for about $140