Hershey's 2nd & 3rd Treatments & Update

Guest HersheysMom

Guest Ladyluther

I am so glad to hear that Hershey is enjoying life and able to visit with his peeps. We think of you every day.

Martha and Luther

Guest jurishound

What a sweet, precious boy. Sending hope and wishes that his treatment goes well with the best possible outcome, and that his days are good ones. I am so happy that I had a chance to see him today at the GAS reunion! :wub:

Guest HersheysMom
What a sweet, precious boy. Sending hope and wishes that his treatment goes well with the best possible outcome, and that his days are good ones. I am so happy that I had a chance to see him today at the GAS reunion! :wub:

He was quite attached to you, Joslin!! He says you know how to give a dog good scritch-ums :)

What a blessing that he is doing well, given that the prognosis is poor. But I would echo what Patricia said---numbers are just numbers. And Hershey doesn't know that those numbers are finite. Only we humans project that sad conclusion. It sounds as if you are celebrating your sweet boy every day, and that is great---for him and for you. He obviously has a family that cares for him so very much. He will be in everyone's prayers---may you have much more quality time together.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest ScottH

I did get a picture of Hershey yesterday, but it was hard to get a clear shot with everyone wanting to pat the brave boy. :wub:

DSCF9178.jpg

Guest HersheysMom

Thanks for posting the picture! I have a few more....

Saturday at the GAS reunion, with gretzky aka Kelly (left) my DH, and phall aka Pat

IMG_0003.jpg

Sunday at Great Brook - me caught off guard with a bewildered look on my face and Hershey trying to get the rabbits in the cage next to me!!

IMG_0006.jpg

Hershey once we got home from Great Brook "saying mommy, no more pictures! Let me in so I can go to bed!"

IMG_0013.jpg

Hershey gets his wish - cuddled up in the blankie Ss556 aka Susan sent him :wub:

IMG_0014.jpg

Thank you all so much for contributing to a wonderful weekend - I am overwhelmed by everyone's concern...the presents, the offers to come to the house to check on him during the day....everything. I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends.

Brian, I'm sorry we missed you, too - Bo is one of Hershey's best buds. We'll be in Hopkinton at the open house on Sunday. Hope to see you and Bo soon.

Guest Naty

:colgate

That's precious that you captured that moment with Hershey fixated with the bunny. We were watching him from the picnic bench and that was priceless.

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

Hershey! :wub: I'm so glad he got out to see his friends. :)

We missed you on sunday, but hopefully I can convince myself to keep my but moving sunday morning and go to the walk and then to GH Friends openhouse.

I did get a picture of Hershey yesterday, but it was hard to get a clear shot with everyone wanting to pat the brave boy. :wub:

DSCF9178.jpg

1.) i am glad I got to meet this handsome boy at the GAS reunion. I didn't say anything or ask any questions about him because his furry neck reminded me a lot of Sprite.

2.) it is odd for me to see my town with someone elses name, it's not a huge place and now there are three of us on greytalk, lol

gallery_9376_3027_10401.jpg

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Solo - Flying Han Solo 3/20/11

Missing: Murphy, Shine, Kim, Sprite, Red Dog, Lottie & Harry

Guest HersheysMom

It was nice to meet you in person, Nancy....even though I've known "GreyWrangler" for some time....

Yes, no matter how much weight he's lost, his neck remains furry :blush

I've been checking in daily and following Hershey's story. He's such a beautiful boy and so outgoing in the photos of the GAS reunion. We would have loved to meet him (our Zeke comes from GAS) but had family commitments and couldn't be there. I hope all his treatments go well and he has many, many more wonderful days with you. As long as he is content, happy and enjoying everything around him, then life is good. Cherish all these moments - they become very special to remember. Please give Hershey a big hug for me. :wub:

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest Flint

It was wonderful to see Hershey on Sunday and I hope he liked his ice cream. Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers that he'll prove the doctors wrong and have many, many more months to enjoy with his friends.