Good Thoughts For Toe Amputation Surgery Today

He's going to be fine, but he was so pathetic at the ER vet this morning.

He's kind of a weenie anyway, so when he pulled out of the morning sprint training in the back yard I wasn't worried. He often retreats to the deck, out of the way, when he thinks the run is getting too physical (ie. he gets bumped a little bit). But he came limping up to get his treat and I could see one of his hind toes was bleeding. After waking up the hubby and cleaning it off I decided it was more than a stick poke and bundled him into the car. Though I think he was more concerned about not getting breakfast that how much his toe hurt!

Well, of course he broke his third toe - fractured it to pieces actually - on his back right foot, so now he's waiting for his surgery later this afternoon! We hope he can come home tonight, but it depends on how he comes out of the anesthesia. So thinks good thoughts for The Dude!

greysmom ;)

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Oh man, it's always something...

Major prayers for your major dude!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest LynnM

Bummer! Inside toes SUCK. Take it slow. That foot will probably end up looking a bit funny. Oh well. Not much you can do about it. Lots of leah-walking is in order. Make sure that you jot down any questions you have and ask you vet or k-9 rehab person. The rehab is just as important as the surgery.

Lynn

Post-surgery update:

Everything went well, but he's not coming home until tomorrow as they got a late start to the surgery. We're fixing him a nice comfy bed on the first floor and working out who's going to sleep in the living room with him for two weeks! :sleepy

Thanks for your support!

greysmom ;)

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Thanks, everybody!

The Dude is home now and sleeping (completely unconscious) on his bed at my feet. The surgery went extremely well and, barring any splint and/or bandaging mishaps, he'll have his sutures removed in two weeks and should be absolutely fine thereafter.

As expected, we're already having trouble keeping him quiet. He's a weenie, but he's a hyper weenie. The vet said we could renew his sedative prescription and I'm thinking I'll just by stock in the company!

By the way, I finally have enough posts for an avatar now! The pic is our angel girl Libby (Everlast) who we lost in January to kidney failure.

greysmom ;)

I think I got the picture thing working.

Here's The Dude!

2945227660013527144oqxvBu_th.jpg

So glad all went well. Feel better soon sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.