Fritz Is Limping

I was just on the phone with my friend, and Fritz was laying in Pinky's crate. Suddenly he started whining/yiking, like he had a toe caught or something. I got up and went to him, he got up on his own and started walking around, he wasn't caught on anything. He was panting, he got a drink of water and wandered around for a few minutes. He got another drink and I coaxed him to lay on the couch. He was laying down for a little while when he started whining again, same as before, kind of yikey. He got up, uncomfortable, and limped over to me.

I did ROM on all 4 of his legs the first time he yiked, no responses from that...when I run my fingers down his spine his skin twitches at a certain point, and I noticed he got up earlier and tried to shake and couldn't.

I'm betting he tweaked something playing outside or something. I'll take him to the chiro tomorrow after work and see if that helps him. I hate to give him something for the pain that might make him feel good enough to possibly further injure himself, but if he keeps it up I might give him something to help him sleep through the night. Poor baby seems so uncomfortable all of a sudden.

The dreaded C word is at the back of my mind but I refuse to listen to it right now!

Edited to add, I took him into my bedroom to try to get him to lay down so I could use my massager on him, and Ace promptly got upset (she, Pinky, and Skimmie I left gated in the living room)...she started whining and then peed on my rug! Guess she doesn't like her brother being taken away... :unsure

Edited by krissn333

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest BlackandBrindle

Although the dreaded C is a very big worry for our babies, there are many things it could be.

Ace loves her brother.

Thinking good thoughts for Fritz :grouphug

Guest FullMetalFrank

I agree, it's more likely any number of things than the dreaded C... Usually when Frank gets a little whiney upon getting up/laying down its after exercise and he's just a little stiff. If he can manage w/o pain meds it would be better not to give them, will make it easier for a vet to diagnose what hurts if it's still hurting...

Sending my prayers and chanting: This is a nothing. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Thank you everyone! Fritz seemed to be feeling a little better this morning (he was able to do a full shake), but I could see he was still favoring that right front leg (not something that anyone other than a mother might even notice). We saw Dr. Mulch today after I got off work...Fritz's NECK was REALLY out of alignment. Dr. Mulch adjusted him, but he did yelp quite a bit...poor kid was really knotted up.

Doc has suggested ice packs to the neck as he will tolerate them, and tramadol if I feel he needs it in the evenings when he's trying to get comfortable for bed or before I leave for work for the day (so he can rest comfortably while I'm gone).

Since we got home he's been snoozing on the couch...I have a feeling he didn't sleep really well last night or today while I was at work :( But, the good news is, it's treatable! :yay

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

That is GREAT News!!!!! I know how scary it is if you see them limp, I am always watching mine too, but we have to think positive as hard as it is, when you see a limp. I am so Happy he is OK!!!! :yay:yay:yay

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Very good news! Rest and feel better soon sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

That's greyt news! :yay :yay Hope he feels better soon. A big :kiss2 for your beautiful boy.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

glad he's feeling better!!!!!! :yay :yay so scary when they start limping :( :( :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest shelbygirl07

great news!

everytime i see a "limping" thread i always get that knot in my stomach and am always pleased when things turn out..

WHEWWW

He was pretty sore late last night so we did our cold pack for a little while (he's such a good boy with treatments like that, he will do whatever I ask!), and he got his tramadol last night to help him sleep. Just before bed he shrieked a little bit again so he's definitely still hurting...

Today when I got home from work he was all smiles at the door as usual, and his appetite has never waned so that's good news too. He just needs to take it easy like Sunday morning for a few days and I think he will be fine...maybe a follow up adjustment once his muscles aren't so sore...